Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview 2014 64 bit - cannot reinstall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjmeyer
948 Views, 2 Replies

Trueview 2014 64 bit - cannot reinstall

I downloaded and installed Trueview 64 bit on an ASUS EEE Slate laptop, and to conserve space, I mistakenly installed it the SD Card instead of the C drive.  It did work fine after the initial install, but after a reboot, the drive letters changed, and it would not run.  Using Win7 uninstall I gotr an error saying it could not find the files, and then deleted Trueview 2014 from the list of installed programs.  I've tried to reinstall, and I get a notice on the setup screen that it is already installed. I've deleted the software keys in the registry, and all folders for Autodesk programs, still to no avail.  How can i reset the installer so that I can reinstall this to drive C ? Or how do I perform a manual install to remove the previous version from the registry so that I can reinstall Trueview 2014.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: tjmeyer

Welcome to the forum!

You can use Microsoft Fixit to remove the install information from Windows registry.

See the detail about Microsoft FixIt here: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21891972

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 3
tjmeyer
in reply to: tjmeyer

Thank yoo very much Edwin .. it worked great, and in less than 10 minutes I had Trueview 2014 back up and running. Thank you veryt much for both your prompt reply and your suggestion which worked great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report