Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text striping and logo issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TKArchitects
921 Views, 8 Replies

Text striping and logo issues

I am using Design Review 2011 with a file exported from Revit 2011. 

Issue 1:

When I open my DWXF file, it has added white stripes that extend out from the text (as if the text format box had no end) that then cover other information in the DWXF file.  The file should look just like the Revit.

Issue 2:

When we open the exported file the text in the title block, sometimes, changes sizes and it eliminates the text that is part of our logo in the title block.  When our in house MEP exports their sheets from Revit MEP, we still have the changing size issue, but it brings the logo except with the wrong font.

Thanks,

Theresa

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hongji.li
in reply to: TKArchitects

Thank you for your report.

I cannot reproduce this issue.

Do all your DWF files exported from Revit 2011 have this issue? If not, please attach the files for which you experience this issue for us to investigate in more detail.

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
TKArchitects
in reply to: hongji.li

I have added a pdf of what the page should look like, logo is on upper right and the text is in the middle of the page.  The pdf looks just like what I see in Revit.  I have also attached a dwf of the same sheet that has the striping and the logo has disappeared.  I have applied the hotfix, hoping that would fix it.

Theresa

Message 4 of 9
hongji.li

Thank you for your feedback.

The dwfx file did loose the text and logo informations in Autodesk Design Review 2011.

I have logged this issue into our defect database.

Your patience and support is appreciated.

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
TKArchitects

Please let me know what the fix is to this defect.  This greatly reduces the viability of us utilzing Design Review within our office.

Message 6 of 9
hongji.li

Hi Theresa,

Some information are lost during publishing to DWF file, this is a Revit export issue. I suggest that you can post your question in that group.

Please try the following link for your convenience.

Autodesk Revit Architecture

Autodesk Revit MEP

Autodesk Revit Structure

Our SWD in Design Review team also will research for the solution in DWF work-flow around, and we will let you know as soon as solve it.

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
TKArchitects

Okay, one of the other forum members responded in the Revit forum.  In order to fix the striping he suggested checking or unchecking the Show Boundary Box in the text type properties.  This didn't seem to have any affect.  Changing the text setting from Opaque to Transparent does seem to fix it.  If the text box is set to a text property type that is Transparent, the striping does not seem to occur.

Without changing anything the logo is now seeming to export, except it opens in Design Review with the incorrect font.  Is there a fonts folder for Design Review (similar to fonts folders for other Autodesk programs) and if so, where is it?

Thanks,

Theresa

Message 8 of 9
hongji.li

Hi Theresa,

Yes, the embedded font are packed in the DWFx files. You can change your DWF file extension to "IPIC - Fairview- CENTRAL.zip" and explore the content.

I suggest you can use Autodesk DWF writer to print a dwf file to see if the logo can display in Autodesk Design Review.Please try the following link for your convenience.

Autodesk DWF writer

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
TKArchitects

When you read the readme file it specifically says not to use with Revit because of the built in dwf maker in Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report