Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running DWF composer from CITRIX XPe

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kennybz
414 Views, 10 Replies

Running DWF composer from CITRIX XPe

Hi all,
I have a network running windows 2000 with Citrix Metaframe XPe (running full desktop).

Can I run DWF composer from Citrix Metaframe?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kennybz

Kenny,

There is no provision for running DWF Composer as a network license in the End User License Agreement. Running a single copy to service multiple users across a Citrix system is not allowed by this agreement.

--Doug
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

BTW, what company do you work for? :) "KennyBZ" wrote in message news:8694258.1087477490057.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Hi all, > I have a network running windows 2000 with Citrix Metaframe XPe (running full desktop). > > Can I run DWF composer from Citrix Metaframe?
Message 4 of 11
kennybz

Is there an solution for running DWF composer (or another application which can show and add remarks in DWF's) in an citrix environment?

Users use thin clients, so local installation is not an option, I've to install it on a server.

thx
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

As a clarification, my earlier message had to do with licensing agreements for DWF Composer. We currently do not have provisions for network license models. We have not tested DWF Composer on a Citrix environment, so I'm not saying that it won't run, it's just not supported. You might want to check with your Autodesk reseller to see if a licensing agreement could be worked out for your company.

--Doug
Message 6 of 11
kennybz

I dont want to buy a single copy for several users.
I want to buy licences for all my users and run DWF from citrix. Is that allowed?
Message 7 of 11
kennybz

Our Autodesk reseller is going to contact Autodesk to see if a licensing agreement could be worked out for your company.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Under the current licensing model, it is not. The product is licensed on a per user basis which is why it is less than $200. "KennyBZ" wrote in message news:13120496.1088086787701.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I dont want to buy a single copy for several users. > I want to buy licences for all my users and run DWF from citrix. Is that allowed?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

In that case it should be allowed since you are purchasing copies for everyone. We just had a client install our software on a Citrix server for severalusers and we didn't have to do anything special and we even have a printer driver that is installed. So far he said that they have had no problems. If I understand it correctly the Citrix is more like a virtual machine for each user than it is a server as we typically think of a server. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "KennyBZ" wrote in message news:13120496.1088086787701.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I dont want to buy a single copy for several users. > I want to buy licences for all my users and run DWF from citrix. Is that allowed?
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

> We currently do not have provisions for network license models. Can I read into this that there are plans for a network license model at some point in the future? -- Darren J. Young CAD/CAM Systems Developer Cold Spring Granite Company 202 South Third Avenue Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320 Email: dyoung@coldspringgranite.com Phone: (320) 685-5045 Fax: (320) 685-5052
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Certainly we're looking into this as a possibility. There are no set plans one way or the other right now.

--Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report