Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate text?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
524 Views, 9 Replies

Rotate text?

Is there a way to get text to read vertically? I think I saw something in here related to it but cant find it. Is there a key I need to hold to rotate it? Thanks for any help!! Mark
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Snip out of another thread titled "Dim String Placement" There's another adjustment you can make as well, to flip the dimension text to the other side. While holding down the "Shift" key on the keyboard, click on one of the dimension handles. A minor movement of the handle will flip the dim text to the other side of the dim line. Ben Kopf Autodesk Product Design Sorry I dont' have the orginal post but you might try Ben's suggection. Murph "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:40be2040$1_1@newsprd01... > Is there a way to get text to read vertically? I think I saw something in > here related to it but cant find it. Is there a key I need to hold to rotate > it? > > Thanks for any help!! > > Mark > >
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Ya, I can get the Dims to Flip. but cant get the Text to?... Mark "Murph" wrote in message news:40be21f6_2@newsprd01... > Snip out of another thread titled "Dim String Placement" > > There's another adjustment you can make as well, to flip the dimension text > to the other side. While holding down the "Shift" key on the keyboard, > click on one of the dimension handles. A minor movement of the handle will > flip the dim text to the other side of the dim line. > > Ben Kopf > Autodesk Product Design > > Sorry I dont' have the orginal post but you might try Ben's suggection. > > Murph > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > news:40be2040$1_1@newsprd01... > > Is there a way to get text to read vertically? I think I saw something in > > here related to it but cant find it. Is there a key I need to hold to > rotate > > it? > > > > Thanks for any help!! > > > > Mark > > > > > >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Mark,

Rotate text is on the wishlist for upcoming releases. One of the use cases that I've seen is to add text as a note on a vertically oriented dimension string. Is that similar to what you need?

--Doug
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Ya that looks a little hokey..We'll look for it in the future..Thanks Doug!! Mark "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:23695731.1086226259368.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Mark, > > Rotate text is on the wishlist for upcoming releases. One of the use cases that I've seen is to add text as a note on a vertically oriented dimension string. Is that similar to what you need? > > --Doug
Message 6 of 10
robincapperw

Compared to VoloView the markup tools in Composer are a big minus I think. No Rotate text markup?
Also , In VV you can select and drag a markup while holding control to get a copy of that markup.
We have one use where this was a real bonus.
This isn't possible in Composer (I couldn't find it) and copy/pasted markups "leap" away from the originals location by some random distance. Is is possible to restore VV like behaviour for the markup copy?
-Robin

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Realize that Composer is in its first release. Volo had many. Composer will certainly be enhanced and refined as the development continues. Feedback like yours is very helpful in our efforts to decide what areas need attention, so much thanks! "robincapper" wrote in message news:4152648.1097125995973.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Compared to VoloView the markup tools in Composer are a big minus I think. No Rotate text markup? > Also , In VV you can select and drag a markup while holding control to get a copy of that markup. > We have one use where this was a real bonus. > This isn't possible in Composer (I couldn't find it) and copy/pasted markups "leap" away from the originals location by some random distance. Is is possible to restore VV like behaviour for the markup copy? > -Robin
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks, its gets a little tricky explaining that as Composer is touted as newer & better technology than Voloview. The mark-up and review interface + integration with CAD are much superior but the actual mark-up objects need to at least match VV3's. -- Regards, Robin Capper Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote in message news:4165a509$1_3@newsprd01... > Realize that Composer is in its first release. Volo had many. Composer > will certainly be enhanced and refined as the development continues. > Feedback like yours is very helpful in our efforts to decide what areas > need > attention, so much thanks! > > "robincapper" wrote in message > news:4152648.1097125995973.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> Compared to VoloView the markup tools in Composer are a big minus I >> think. > No Rotate text markup? >> Also , In VV you can select and drag a markup while holding control to >> get > a copy of that markup. >> We have one use where this was a real bonus. >> This isn't possible in Composer (I couldn't find it) and copy/pasted > markups "leap" away from the originals location by some random distance. > Is > is possible to restore VV like behaviour for the markup copy? >> -Robin > >
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Robin, As Jeff said, your feedback in invaluable. And improvements to the markup experience will be just one of our goals for future releases. Thanks for helping us target our customer needs. Ben Kopf Autodesk Product Design "Robin Capper" wrote in message news:41662a00_2@newsprd01... > Thanks, its gets a little tricky explaining that as Composer is touted as > newer & better technology than Voloview. > The mark-up and review interface + integration with CAD are much superior > but the actual mark-up objects need to at least match VV3's. > -- > Regards, > Robin Capper > Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com > > > "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote > in message news:4165a509$1_3@newsprd01... > > Realize that Composer is in its first release. Volo had many. Composer > > will certainly be enhanced and refined as the development continues. > > Feedback like yours is very helpful in our efforts to decide what areas > > need > > attention, so much thanks! > > > > "robincapper" wrote in message > > news:4152648.1097125995973.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >> Compared to VoloView the markup tools in Composer are a big minus I > >> think. > > No Rotate text markup? > >> Also , In VV you can select and drag a markup while holding control to > >> get > > a copy of that markup. > >> We have one use where this was a real bonus. > >> This isn't possible in Composer (I couldn't find it) and copy/pasted > > markups "leap" away from the originals location by some random distance. > > Is > > is possible to restore VV like behaviour for the markup copy? > >> -Robin > > > > > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

FYI: The use is a little different to normal "drawing review". We have an ADT user placing retail fittings and several buyers/merchandise Volo users indicating their desired product allocation within the skeleton using text labels. Once they have done their thing (can be several iterations) the mark-up is imported back into ADT as text content not just used for revision review. The quick control-copy and ability to layout text at any orientation are essential for this. -- Regards, Robin Capper Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com "Ben Kopf" wrote in message news:4175303c$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Robin, > > As Jeff said, your feedback in invaluable. And improvements to the markup > experience will be just one of our goals for future releases. Thanks for > helping us target our customer needs. > > Ben Kopf > Autodesk Product Design > > "Robin Capper" wrote in message > news:41662a00_2@newsprd01... >> Thanks, its gets a little tricky explaining that as Composer is touted as >> newer & better technology than Voloview. >> The mark-up and review interface + integration with CAD are much superior >> but the actual mark-up objects need to at least match VV3's. >> -- >> Regards, >> Robin Capper >> Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com >> >> >> "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" > wrote >> in message news:4165a509$1_3@newsprd01... >> > Realize that Composer is in its first release. Volo had many. >> > Composer >> > will certainly be enhanced and refined as the development continues. >> > Feedback like yours is very helpful in our efforts to decide what areas >> > need >> > attention, so much thanks! >> > >> > "robincapper" wrote in message >> > news:4152648.1097125995973.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> >> Compared to VoloView the markup tools in Composer are a big minus I >> >> think. >> > No Rotate text markup? >> >> Also , In VV you can select and drag a markup while holding control to >> >> get >> > a copy of that markup. >> >> We have one use where this was a real bonus. >> >> This isn't possible in Composer (I couldn't find it) and copy/pasted >> > markups "leap" away from the originals location by some random >> > distance. >> > Is >> > is possible to restore VV like behaviour for the markup copy? >> >> -Robin >> > >> > >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report