Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Line Markups to autocad

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Wkarkula
9194 Views, 11 Replies

Red Line Markups to autocad

Is there a way to export red line markups created in design review, to be placed in an autocad drawing as seperate text and geometry.

Our IT techs have been taking my dwf floorplans and adding data jack locations and information to them, using design review 2011. Now the floorplans have changed and they want an efficient way to update them.

Thanks,

Bill

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
springai
in reply to: Wkarkula

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try if this workflow can help you:

1. Open a drawing in ACAD and publish it to DWF.

2. Open the DWF file and add markups in DWF file.

3. Save the DWF file.

4. In ACAD, Load Markup Set.

5. Update your drawing and save.

6. Republish DWF with markups.

Any further question, please let me know.

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12
Wkarkula

How do you load markup set...What is the command and process?

I use the command "markup" open the dwf...but thats are far as I can get. (see ScreenShot.jpg) I can't update drawing.

Attached are the two files I am working with. JNS2.dwg is my main file although I had to slim it down to attach. The other file is the one our IT guy marks up and renames, then gives back to me to publish on my web page.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 4 of 12
springai

The command should be OPENDWFMARKUP.

Once you load the markups in ACAD, you should be able to update the drawing if you are the author. While in this time, only the status of markups can be edited.

After you update the drawing, you can use the “Republish Markup Sheets” to publish the new drawing with markups. –See attached image.

If the IT guy want to update markups, they need to update it by opening the new DWF file in ADR.

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
Wkarkula

I open my dwg then use OPENDWFMARKUP to open the dwf with the markups, but see no way to load or update the dwg with those markups.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 6 of 12
springai

In the Markup Set Manager palette, right click on any of the markup label, and there should be a command "Open Markup", select it to show the markups.

See attached image.

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 12
Wkarkula

When I right click on the markup and choose "Open Markup" it opens the dwf in Design Review. But doesn't put the markup in the dwg...?

Message 8 of 12
springai

The problem you mentioned is because the original DWG file's location was changed, or the loaded DWF file was not published from the opened DWG file.

Be sure the original dwg file's location was not moved and the loaded DWF file was published from it.

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 12
Wkarkula

Hi Spring Ai,

Thanks for your help in this. I am guessing what you mentioned in your last post is the problem I am having. I will try this process over from step 1 some day.

In the mean time we have found a better solution to our process. Instead of using Design Review our IT department has decided to purchase a seat of Autocad LT. Looks like Autodesk gets the $ on this one.

Thanks again,

Bill

Message 10 of 12
springai

It is my pleasure to help you.

Any further question please let us know.

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 12
shurikmarina
in reply to: springai

The abovementioned solution only updates the .dwf file. Is there a way to export markups from .dwf to .dwg file?

Message 12 of 12
pendean
in reply to: shurikmarina

Nope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report