Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems encountered during DWF import

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mcdakk
3444 Views, 9 Replies

Problems encountered during DWF import

I have installed Autocad 2010, Design Review 2010 and TrueVue 2010 on the same PC. Until today, I was able to assign DWG files to open in Design Review. (with TrueVue converting to DWF). Now, when I try to open a DWG with DesignReview I get the error:
"DWF Convert Error - Problems encountered during DWF import" What I have done wrong?
Thanks
Allan
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kevin.moore
in reply to: mcdakk

Are you using a 64-bit system?

Currently open DWG files in ADR only works on 32-bit platforms.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
mcdakk

No 32 bit. Like I said, it was working fine until today. Another engineer brought it to my attention, because that is the only way he views DWG files, thru ADR. So, I tried uninstalling ADR and ATV and re-installing on my PC. Same error.
Message 4 of 10
kevin.moore

Hi,

I remember a co-worker having a similar problem. He opened a DWF (not DWG), exited ADR, and restarted. The problem never occurred again. Try simply opening a DWF and DWFx file in ADR, then restart ADR.

I will look into this more later.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
mcdakk

Still does not work.... They way I understand it...if you have ATV2010 and ADR 2010 on the same PC and you try to open a DWG with ADR, it first looks for ATV, converts the DWG to DWF, then opens that DWF in ADR. Something is not allowing a proper conversion of the DWF.
Message 6 of 10
Shawn_Niles

If you have TrueView installed, are you able to open the DWG's in that program? TrueView is meant for opening DWG's, while Design Review is meant more for DWF's, even if it has the ability to open DWG's. Opening DWG's in TV instead of DR might be your best solution.

As for the error you are seeing, our development team is currently investigating these errors to try and find the cause. In some instances, uninstalling DR and TV and then reinstalling them has resolved the issue. You may want to try this to see if it fixes it for you as well.

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Message 7 of 10
Scott_A_A
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I have packaged ATV 2013 for deployment but it is not being detected by ADR 2011/2012 as being installed so ADR will not open DWG files. 2011 works fine but 2013, no go...

Error message is 'DWF Convert Error - Problems encountered during DWF import'. There isn't much on this is the release notes or the AutoDesk forums.

Message 8 of 10
jaycoleman

Did your team figure out the issue? I am trying to open a PDF file in ADR and I am getting the DFW import error.

Message 9 of 10
robb

10 years on and the problem still exists, Surely you guys must have figured out a solution by now?

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: robb

No one here is Autodedsk or "you guys" anymore, we are all end users just like you.

If you want to tell Autodesk, do so here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report