Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints are not WYSIWYG

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
fieldguy
623 Views, 13 Replies

Prints are not WYSIWYG

I am printing to an HP Z6200 with a custom page size of 31x31.  The DWFs were created using the DWF6 ePlot DETE.pc3 driver in 64 bit Autocad Map 3D 2010.  My title block text is printing in the middle of the output, not at the bottom of the page where it is in the DWG and the DWF.

I cannot use DWF for this project (250 pages) for 2 reasons:

1.) I cannot rotate the DWF 180 for left side binding - ADR 2012 print rotation does not work and the driver above will not plot upside down.

2.) ADR will not print these DWFs WYSIWYG

FWIW the rework to re-create this project in PDF is not a "minor setback". 

Win 7 Pro 64

HP Z6200 60 inch plotter

ADR 2010

AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 and 2012 - 64

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Liust
in reply to: fieldguy

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please attach your DWF file for investigation?

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
fieldguy
in reply to: Liust

Thank you for the reply.  I cannot attach the file here due to confidentiality.  I can send it directly if you provide an email address (the file is 320KB).

Message 4 of 14
Liust

That's fine.

My email box is: Sting.Liu@autodesk.com

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 14
fieldguy

Sorry for the delay - I took some vacation time.

I was not able to re-produce the title block text printing in the wrong location.  When I tried the second time it worked correctly.  However, I still need to be able to plot this upside down.  I sent the file to your email address with the subject line Emailing: c98101.dwf.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 14
Liust

Thank you for your file.

I tried my Printer, and can print this file with "Rotate by 180 degrees". Please see the attached picture PrinterProperties.jpg.

These Properties belong to the Printer, not ADR's.

Please check if your Printer has this properties. 

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 14
fieldguy

I have rotate by 90 but not 180 (attached).  This printer has rotate by 180 on the browser interface but it does not support DWF.

I need ADR to rotate the image or the acad dwf driver to actually plot upside down (attached).

Message 8 of 14
Liust

Thank you for your detailed information.

I will let the develop team know your requirement.

But now, please try the Rotate Sheet tool to see if it can give you some help:

1. Open the DWF file in ADR.

2. Go to Tools tab.

3. At Canvas panel, click Rotate Sheet Right/Left to rotate the sheet to your desired degree.

4. Click the Print button to print.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 14
fieldguy

Thank you for your continued assistance.

The rotate tool works.  Is there a way to apply the rotation to multiple (all) pages?

We create DWFs individually in a batch process but merge the pages into a book when we are finished.  In some DWF books there might be 100 or more pages.  The books are indexed with hyperlinks and made available for viewing on our corporate intranet - we are trying to avoid printing as much as possible.  But, there will always be a need to print at least 1 copy.  And, we cannot publish a book with upside down pages to the intranet.

Thanks again. 

Message 10 of 14
Liust

No, so far, it does not support to rotate the multiple pages at a time.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 14
fieldguy

OK thanks.  PDF it is then.

Message 12 of 14
fieldguy

Transparency is not printing correctlyt either.  If you open the attached, you see a thick continuous pline zone boundary (color 133), a thick center2 pline municipal boundary (color 8), and some dimensions (color 8).  The transparency on the thick lines is set to 50.  The goal is to see both thick bdys. and read the dims underneath.

The picture in ADR 2012 looks perfect but I can't get it to print like that (HP Color Laser CP6015 or HP DesignJet Z6200).

My PDF looks similar and prints correctly.  This DWF was created in Map 3D 2011 to OOTB DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3.

Win 7 Pro 64, ADR Build 12.0.0.93

Message 13 of 14
pendean

"...were created using the DWF6 ePlot DETE.pc3 driver in 64 bit Autocad Map 3D 2010..."

Are you not able to plot exactly as you need it to print at DWF creation time?

May I ask why the 180 rotation need, what device are you plotting to?

May I also ask why the DWF creation if you already have AutoCAD? And what are you plotting to (device and driver)?

Message 14 of 14
fieldguy
in reply to: pendean

Did you print the attachment?  If yes, does it match the DWF?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report