Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing an Autodesk file to PDF

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
vicsun63
3099 Views, 18 Replies

Printing an Autodesk file to PDF

I have CuteWriter installed on my computer.  When I was using version 2011, I could print all my dwf files to pdf and it worked perfectly.  Since I upgraded to Autodesk 2012, whenever I try to print a large format drawing, it prints to the correct pape size, but the image is not fitting to the page.  I've tried everything I can think of and cannot get it to work properly.  This is the case whether I am printing to CuteWriter, Scansoft PDF Create, or our large format printer.   Looks like my architect's office is having the same problem.  Any suggestions?  I tried to download Autodesk 2011 again, but the installation failed.  I was just going to go back to using it since it worked for me with no problems.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
rlosh
in reply to: vicsun63

I have also been experiencing this problem.  This occurs for me when printing from Autodesk Design Review 2012 using Acrobat 9.  Please see the attached example file and the list of specs below...  Please help!!!

Windows 7 (64-bit)

Intel Xeon 3.20GHz (Quad Core) CPU

12GB RAM

ATI FirePro V4800 1GB Video Card

----------------------------------------------------------

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012

Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2012

AutoCAD 2012

Autodesk Design Review 2012

Autodesk DWF Writer 4

Adobe Acrobat Standard 9

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 19
rlosh

We have been able to resolve this if we convert the file to a bitmap before printing (see the Advanced print options).  This greatly increases the file size, though.  Autodesk:  Please respond with an actual solution.  This is not the only thread to mention this problem - it seems widespread.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 19
whtank
in reply to: rlosh

Thank you for your question.

I would like to know where is your DWF/x published from. Please upload that DWF file to this thread for us to investigate in more detail.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 19
rlosh
in reply to: whtank

Thanks for the response.  I would be happy to send you the file, but I would like to upload it to an Autodesk private FTP site (or something similar) instead of posting it in a public forum due to the nature of the project.  Is this possible?

Message 6 of 19
whtank

We have reproduced this issue and logged a defect in Autodesk database. There is a workaround to print well. Check option 'Turn data into a bitmap before printing' in the 'Advanced Print Options' by click 'Advanced...' button in print dialog.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 19
rlosh

Thanks for your help.  We have been using this workaround for some time, but it increases the output file size so we hope it is not a permanent solution.  We are looking forward to a patch, update, service pack, etc.

Message 8 of 19
whtank

I will send the request to our product core team to discuss this hotfix.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 19
vicsun63

I appreciate you reply to this problem and look forward to a hot fix to resolve the problem in the very near future.  This problem is occuring on all of our office computers that try to print large format drawings using Autodesk Design Review 2012.  Even if you try to print the drawings directly from Autodesk Design Review, I am still having the same problem.  It will not fit the full size of the drawing to the paperm only prints the drawings at a much smailler size in the upper left corner of the large format paper.

Message 10 of 19
mhamon

I'm having the same problem. Until it is fixed I have gone back to ADR 2011 which works fine for me.

Message 11 of 19
vicsun63
in reply to: mhamon

2011 worked perfectly for me but the software will not let me revert back to 2011.  I'm stuck with 2012 and this problem for now.

Message 12 of 19
andrialynch1305

Has there been a solution for this problem yet?

Message 13 of 19
radhikari

We are having the same issue. Has there been a solution yet? Please let us know.

Message 14 of 19
SethO

Is there a solution to this problem yet? 

Message 15 of 19
whtank

Hi All

We have released Autodesk Design Review 2013 beta in which this issue has been fixed. You can send your email to me (Tank.Tan@autodesk.com) first and I will help you to apply for Beta Experience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 19
brad462
in reply to: mhamon

any news on this issue being resolved yet?

i am having the same issue and am using design review 2013

Message 17 of 19
pendean

ADR development stopped in the year 2012, soon after ADR2013 was released.
Message 18 of 19
pendean
in reply to: brad462

ADR development stopped in the year 2012, soon after ADR2013 was released.
Message 19 of 19
m_latz
in reply to: brad462

Can you upload a sample file with this issue, that we can try to reproduce ?

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report