Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planix Home Designer 3D .hom files

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
thecil
8619 Views, 34 Replies

Planix Home Designer 3D .hom files

I have hundreds of .hom files created on your Planix HOme Designer which is no longer available.  Is there a way to convert these files so I can see them?

Tags (2)
34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: thecil

Do you still require assistance? We still use various Planix software titles.

Message 3 of 35
mjhabig

I have files created in 2007 Planix Home and need them.  Is there a way to convert to work with AutoCad Lt?

I really need these files!

Thanks

Mindy

Message 4 of 35
thecil

Message 5 of 35
thecil

Yes I still need assistance
Message 6 of 35
PlanixUser

Can you give me an idea of what you want to do with your hundreds of .hom files ...

Do want to open them in Planix Home Designer 3D or another program ?

What format do you want them converted to ?

What version of Windows are you using ?

Message 7 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: mjhabig

Mindy,

Do you mean you created the files in the year 2007 using Planix Home, or in Planix Home 2007 version ? I wasn't aware there is a 2007 Planix Home v ersion. 

If you have the Planix software, check if there is a file format it can export that AutoCad Lt can import or read.

We do not use AutoCad Lt but we do use various versions of Planix. 

Message 8 of 35
thecil

Re: Planix Home Designer 3D .hom files
es/m-p/4873390#M12605>

Can you give me an idea of what you want to do with your hundreds of .hom
files ... Convert or at least print

Do want to open them in Planix Home Designer 3D or another program ? Planix
doesn't run on windows 7 does it?

What format do you want them converted to ? ?????????

What version of Windows are you using ? Windows 7 64 bit

lithium.com?subject=Re:%20Planix%20Home%20Designer%203D%20.hom%20files> |
Accept as Solution
tion=autodesk.prod%7C61490f55%7C845750ae-edac-4bda-87b8-ec08a5b9886b&dest_ur
l=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.autodesk.com%2Ft5%2FDesign-Review%2FPlanix-Home-Design
er-3D-hom-files%2Fm-p%2F4873390%23M12605&ticket=lxQCI3Hp59kJ_923756> | Give
Kudos
tion=autodesk.prod%7C3a220e2d%7C9e690401-c4d7-496b-a644-238d50d60fe2&dest_ur
l=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.autodesk.com%2Ft5%2FDesign-Review%2FPlanix-Home-Design
er-3D-hom-files%2Fm-p%2F4873390%23M12605&ticket=lxQCI3Hp59kJ_923756>

Dave Ciliberti

Controller

A. Brooks Roofing, Inc.

(856) 786-3393

dave@brooksroofing.com
Message 9 of 35
mjhabig
in reply to: PlanixUser

I am not sure what version of Planix it is but I used the program from about 2005 until 2008.  I do not have this program loaded on a computer any longer.  I have the original floppy disks.  I know Planix could save the files as .dxf which could be read by AutoCad LT.  I just need a way to download a program to my current computer, Windows 7 so that I can then convert them.  Or if someone else can do that for me.  I would be happy if I could at least get a few of them converted.

Is there a program I can get on a trial basis and use to convert?

Thanks for any insight!

Message 10 of 35
mjhabig

sorry - forgot to add that i am running on Windows 7 64 - bit 

Message 11 of 35
PlanixUser

Dave,

Ideally, if you install Planix on your Windows 7 computer, you have the most flexibility in what you can do (view/edit, print, or convert to .dxf - AutoCAD format). 

This will require a copy of Planix (eBay, Amazon) to install and setting up Windows 7 to support Windows XP mode. (If you have a Windows XP or Windows 95 computer, you can install Planix on it instead.)

Link on installing Planix under Windows 7:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/program-planix-home-desi...

Link to Planix on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTODESK-Planix-COMPLETE-HOME-SUITE-3D-DELUXE-store-2011-/281279505120

If you email me some files, I can convert them to .pdf format (which you can view/print) or to .dxf format (which you can read in AutoCAD), and email you back the converted files. That way you can check if the converted files will work for you before you go to the expense and effort of setting up Planix on your Windows 7 computer.

Message 12 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: mjhabig

Mindy, 

How many files do need converted to .dxf ? If you email me the files I can convert them for you.

Alternatively you can try installing Planix on Windows 7, however this will take some effort and time and may not work. See the link below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/program-planix-home-desi...

Message 13 of 35
petereminer

I have an old file from 1999 in .hom format generated on the Planix software.  Any chance you could convert it for me to PDF?

I attached the file to this Message, but had to change the extension to .pdf to make it work.  You will have to convert the extension back to .hom to convert.

Message 14 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: petereminer

Find attached to this message 3 files:

1. Basement.pdf - This is Basement.hom converted to a Legal size PDF file, at 1 inch to 8 feet (1:96 scale).

2. Basement.tif - This is Basement.hom converted to a 300dpi TIFF image file scaled at 1:96 scale.

3. Basement.dxf - This is Basement.hom converted to Autocad DXF format. 

These files should give you the maximum flexibility in what you can do.

Message 15 of 35
petereminer

I really appreciate the quick response.  Thanks!

Message 16 of 35
fjaJSYS3

Hi

I know this is an old post!

I have approx. 20 old planix home files that I would like to get converted into dxf files. Is that doable?

Thanks in advance

Message 17 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: fjaJSYS3

Hello,

We can try...

Let's start with one Planix .hom file as a test to see if I can read and convert it and that you can read the converted .dxf file.

Can you send a message with a single Planix .hom file attached to a Message. You may have to change the extension to .pdf to make it work (see message 13).

If that works out, you can create a .zip file of the remaining files and attach the file to a message. You may have to change the extension to .pdf (see message 13) if you are unable to attach a .zip file.

Message 18 of 35
fjaJSYS3

Thanks...

Here is first file... crossing my fingers. 🙂

Message 19 of 35
fjaJSYS3

Can't attach/upload file getting this error:

The attachment's fase5a.pdf content type (application/pdf) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Message 20 of 35
pendean

ZIP then post/share your file: you know how to do this, right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report