Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF contains items that may not display properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CARLAGOODKNIGHT3593
1244 Views, 2 Replies

PDF contains items that may not display properly

Design Review allows PDFs to be printed at a specific scale (such as 50%).  I recieve the following message when opening some PDFs:

"This PDF contains items that may not display properly in Design Review."

This could be problematic if items are dropped from prints that are made.  Is there any way to tell?

Has anyone else encountered, and solved, the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

ADR is not a very good PDF tool: if you must use it, there is no way to answer your question.
Message 3 of 3
Tim.West
in reply to: pendean

Design Review has some particularly useful tools for use with .pdf files.

This error is thrown often with Design Review, and generally means nothing. There are occasions where text is completely garbled. I can't quite pin down why, though I have a feeling it is related to Ghostscript used by some .pdf creators.

There are some legacy issues attached to Design Review when printing to .pdf, some have disappeared, yet it is good to have warning in case they rear their ugly head.

• Printing to .pdf with a scale factor often doesn't scale or locate markups properly (printing directly from .pdf should be fine)
  • Transparency has issues and you may need to check Here for instructions on how to mitigate this issue.

Note: You can open a .pdf as 'vector' information in Design Review check Here for details. Note: a .pdf opened in vanilla Design Review appears tho be vector based, it will however rasterize (turn into a pixellated image) upon saving. Also snaps aren't available until you tweak as described in the link.

You may want to look at some of the other free .pdf viewers/writers which have scaling options. Adobe Reader 11 has a scale function when printing (finally) with your preferred .pdf printer.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report