Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay DWF in Design Review

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
monty211
2991 Views, 6 Replies

Overlay DWF in Design Review

Perhaps a rudimentary question, but would someone please be so kind as to give a little advice on how to overlay drawings in DR? I have found the "Compare" function, but when I overlay the entire drawing appears to have moved over and therefore DR thinks entire drawing is a change....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmcadres
in reply to: monty211

This should get it done for you - Compare 2 DWF Files

John

Message 3 of 7
monty211
in reply to: jmcadres

Cheers John, but that link seems to send me to Google Adwords....

Message 4 of 7
jmcadres

Message 5 of 7
monty211

That's awesome John, many thanks. This provides me with option to do overlay manually and via the "Compare Sheets" function. However when I compare two drawing that are essentially the same I get the following image (see attached). Is the correct? Does DR not just highlight specific changes in a different color?

Message 6 of 7
jmcadres

Design Review will show changes between 2 drawings after running the compare function (a really, really helpful tool).  But from your original post (and your attachment), it appears that all of the geometry may have moved in one of the drawings, showing that everything has changed.  You might be able to correct this by aligning the geometry in the original design app.......

John

Message 7 of 7
monty211

Right..Many thanks for your hep again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report