Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects not selectable in ADR 2011

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bengt04
1074 Views, 3 Replies

Objects not selectable in ADR 2011

We use Autodesk Design Review 2011 (ADR) for viewing DWF files. I have discovered something which looks like a bug in the ADR. The problem relates to object selection and hyperlinks in DWFs published from AutoCAD 2009. Steps to reproduce:
Step 1.) Draw a closed polyline in AutoCAD and hatch it with pattern type "SOLID". Create a block of the polygon and the hatch to make it selectable in ADR.
Add a link to the block (optionally).
Step 2.) Next insert a block inside the polygon. In order for the block to be visible you must use command "Bring to front" or "Bring above objects".
Step 3.) Publish to DWF with object properties included and open the file in ADR.

When you try to select the block which is inside the polygon, you will find that it is not selectable and the link is being ignored. ADR does not recognize it as an object - only the surrounding polygon object is selectable.
I would understand the logic of this if the block from step 2 was hidden under the solid fill, but we have placed it *above* the solid fill.
However, if I force the block from step 2 to be *below* the solid fill before I publish to DWF, everything works as expected. This is obviously a problem because now that block is completely hidden.

Solution: if the z-order of objects are forcing you to choose which objects can be selected, then please make the topmost object selectable, not the bottommost. That would be a more sensible solution in my opinion.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Liust
in reply to: bengt04

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I have logged this issue to the defect tracking system.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
herbert.he
in reply to: Liust

This defect has been fixed in ADR 2012. You can download ADR 2012 for free from here.

Thank you for supporting Autodesk Design Review.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
bengt04
in reply to: herbert.he

That is great news! Thank you for informing me about the update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report