Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object coloring while loading the DWF file in Web page

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
irfan.tareen
339 Views, 2 Replies

Object coloring while loading the DWF file in Web page

Hi,

I am using Autodesk Design Review 2011 with Javascript for embedding the DWF file in Web Page.

I want to color the Objects based on thier property name and value. Is it possible to do so? Below  is my code.

varAllObjects = ADViewer.ECompositeViewer.Section.Content.Objects(0);

for(iObjects = 1; (iObjects <= AllObjects.Count); iObjects++)

{

var Props = AllObjects(iObjects).Properties;

var SectionObject = AllObjects(iObjects);

for(iProps = 1; (iProps <= Props.Count); iProps++)

{

varprop = Props(iProps);

PropName += prop.Name +

':';

PropName +=

'-' + prop.Value + ';';

}

}

I could only find objecthighlightcolor property that would set all the objects. I want to set the object colors based on thier property values.

My second question is since I am using ADR2011 do I need to install ADR2011 on all client machines for them to run the Webpage. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herbert.he
in reply to: irfan.tareen

Thank you for your question.

ADR currently does not support to color objects.

Yes, you need to install one version of ADR on all client machines for them to run the Webpage. By the way, you can download and install ADR 2012 for free from here.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
irfan.tareen
in reply to: herbert.he

Thanks for replying.

This will defeat the purpose of our application. Our application requirement is to load DWF files in a Web Page and manipulate the objects while loading -- such has coloring. Once clicked on the object it should show some description related to that object (Basically floor plans with rooms).

We want to make the application available through Web. Client will insatll only DWF Viewer.

We are using .Net 3.5 Technology  and ASP.Net for Web Applications. I know that there is lot of support for .Net via Interop 

Please if you can suggest any other tool that meets our requirement.

-Irfan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report