Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLE object reproduction quality

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Renorick
1722 Views, 3 Replies

OLE object reproduction quality

Has anyone else experienced a marked .dwf degradation of OLE objects such as an Excel spreadsheet pasted in as the BOM? A direct plot from Autocad LT07 has clean and crisp text in the BOM. An ADR 9.1.0.27 dwf plot made from the same file shows text with a bad case of the jaggies, i.e. low resolution un-aliased text.
Any fix for this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Renorick

Thank you for the feedback.

Plots from AutoCAD LT and prints from Autodesk
Design Review differ significantly. The output received from ADR would be almost
raster like, with all it's forth and shortcomings and not comparable to the plot
by an AutoCAD based application.

Have you tried dropping the spreadsheet into
AutoCAD LT instead and then publish to DWF?

Thank you.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Has
anyone else experienced a marked .dwf degradation of OLE objects such as an
Excel spreadsheet pasted in as the BOM? A direct plot from Autocad LT07 has
clean and crisp text in the BOM. An ADR 9.1.0.27 dwf plot made from the same
file shows text with a bad case of the jaggies, i.e. low resolution un-aliased
text. Any fix for this?
Message 3 of 4
Renorick

That's the difference I was asking about. Autocad LT output is fine - pasted text is clean, crisp. A dwf made from that file has really low res. text reproduction-so much so that we've had drawings rejected by certain customers because the text quality is so low. They insist that our drawings match theirs in readability.

I don't know of any alternatives-I was hoping someone had a suggestion. A conversion to PDF of the same drawing produces the same low quality OLE text. This is an electrical control system, with several panel mechanicals, electrical ladder diagrams and control loop drawings for all the instrumentation. We need to make eight or nine sets of 85 drawings each for each submission. Since we can't batch print directly from Autocad, in order to keep reproduction quality the same as their contract drawings, we will have to open and individually print all seven or eight or nine sets of project files, dozens of pages each set. Here's hoping they won't reject them again...and yet again.
Message 4 of 4
apcruz

Hello,

I was having the same problems when trying to print out DWF's that had excel OLE objects embedded.

My solution was very easy.

In AutoCAD plot/pagesetup, goto DWF eplot.pc3 and goto properties. Next goto Custom Properties.

Set Raster Image resolution. The higher the resolution the better the DWF. (remember to save the pc3 file or you will need to do this for all plots)

Also, I found that a super high resolution (1200dpi for me) resulted in having no Ole/picture/excel table being shown. So you need to play with the settings.

Regards,

Adrian Cruz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums