Design Review

*Gilles Plante
Message 1 of 25 (113 Views)

Menu items color

113 Views, 24 Replies
06-16-2004 01:49 PM
Hi, I just installed DWF Composer. The dropdown menus are a pain: black text over dark blue. The only way to find the menu entry I am looking for is to bring the cursor over each one: then they are readable. Is there a way to change the colors so it is usable ? Thanks Gilles Plante
*John Schmier \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 25 (113 Views)

Re: Menu items color

06-16-2004 01:52 PM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
What is your monitor DPI settings and color depth set to? "Gilles Plante" wrote in message news:40d0b28c$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi, > > I just installed DWF Composer. The dropdown menus are a pain: black text > over dark blue. The only way to find the menu entry I am looking for is to > bring the cursor over each one: then they are readable. > > Is there a way to change the colors so it is usable ? > > Thanks > > Gilles Plante > >
*Gilles Plante
Message 3 of 25 (113 Views)

06-16-2004 02:16 PM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
John, 1024 x 768, High Color (16-bit) Gilles "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40d0b317$1_3@newsprd01... > What is your monitor DPI settings and color depth set to? > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > news:40d0b28c$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > > > I just installed DWF Composer. The dropdown menus are a pain: black text > > over dark blue. The only way to find the menu entry I am looking for is to > > bring the cursor over each one: then they are readable. > > > > Is there a way to change the colors so it is usable ? > > > > Thanks > > > > Gilles Plante > > > > > >
Message 4 of 25 (113 Views)

06-16-2004 03:14 PM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
Wow, that's surprising. This usually is a problem with low colors settings. Do you have any custom settings for Colors or Fonts at the OS level? "Gilles Plante" wrote in message news:40d0b8ce$1_3@newsprd01... > John, > > 1024 x 768, High Color (16-bit) > > Gilles > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:40d0b317$1_3@newsprd01... > > What is your monitor DPI settings and color depth set to? > > > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > > news:40d0b28c$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi, > > > > > > I just installed DWF Composer. The dropdown menus are a pain: black text > > > over dark blue. The only way to find the menu entry I am looking for is > to > > > bring the cursor over each one: then they are readable. > > > > > > Is there a way to change the colors so it is usable ? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > Gilles Plante > > > > > > > > > > > >
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 5 of 25 (113 Views)

06-16-2004 07:03 PM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
Gilles,

This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could provide more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out.

Doug
*Gilles Plante
Message 6 of 25 (113 Views)

06-17-2004 06:12 AM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
Doug, what details are you looking for ? I will provide them to John. Gilles "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:23928461.1087437845329.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Gilles, > > This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could provide more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out. > > Doug
Message 7 of 25 (113 Views)

06-17-2004 07:39 AM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
We have looked at the color depth and DPI settings. What other customizations have you done for display? Have you altered the Appearance (such as Color or Font's) for the menu's and toolbars for your system? Is there a specific "scheme" you are using or any 3rd Party applications to alter the display on your system? What graphics card and driver version are you running? "Gilles Plante" wrote in message news:40d1990e$1_3@newsprd01... > Doug, > > what details are you looking for ? I will provide them to John. > > Gilles > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > news:23928461.1087437845329.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Gilles, > > > > This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could provide > more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out. > > > > Doug > >
*Gilles Plante
Message 8 of 25 (113 Views)

06-17-2004 08:19 AM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
John, here we are: Windows 2000 SP2 Scheme: Windows Standard, default colors and fonts Adapter: S3 Trio32/64 Driver version: 5.0.2184.1 Going to 32bit color, but 800 x 600, does not help either. Thinking about this, would Autodesk have used regular menus, we would not have run into this problem. Flashy guizmos à la Microsoft does not add any functionnality, only troubles. Gilles "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40d1ad0f_2@newsprd01... > We have looked at the color depth and DPI settings. What other > customizations have you done for display? Have you altered the Appearance > (such as Color or Font's) for the menu's and toolbars for your system? Is > there a specific "scheme" you are using or any 3rd Party applications to > alter the display on your system? > What graphics card and driver version are you running? > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > news:40d1990e$1_3@newsprd01... > > Doug, > > > > what details are you looking for ? I will provide them to John. > > > > Gilles > > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > > news:23928461.1087437845329.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Gilles, > > > > > > This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could provide > > more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out. > > > > > > Doug > > > > > >
Message 9 of 25 (113 Views)

06-17-2004 08:22 AM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
I should have asked for this earlier. Can you provide a screen shot of the problem? "Gilles Plante" wrote in message news:40d1b6a0_2@newsprd01... > John, > > here we are: > > Windows 2000 SP2 > Scheme: Windows Standard, default colors and fonts > Adapter: S3 Trio32/64 > Driver version: 5.0.2184.1 > > Going to 32bit color, but 800 x 600, does not help either. > > Thinking about this, would Autodesk have used regular menus, we would not > have run into this problem. Flashy guizmos à la Microsoft does not add any > functionnality, only troubles. > > Gilles > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:40d1ad0f_2@newsprd01... > > We have looked at the color depth and DPI settings. What other > > customizations have you done for display? Have you altered the Appearance > > (such as Color or Font's) for the menu's and toolbars for your system? Is > > there a specific "scheme" you are using or any 3rd Party applications to > > alter the display on your system? > > What graphics card and driver version are you running? > > > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > > news:40d1990e$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Doug, > > > > > > what details are you looking for ? I will provide them to John. > > > > > > Gilles > > > > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > > > news:23928461.1087437845329.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > > Gilles, > > > > > > > > This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could > provide > > > more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out. > > > > > > > > Doug > > > > > > > > > > > >
*Gilles Plante
Message 10 of 25 (113 Views)

06-17-2004 08:59 AM in reply to: *Gilles Plante
"John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40d1b721$1_2@newsprd01... > I should have asked for this earlier. Can you provide a screen shot of the > problem? > > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > news:40d1b6a0_2@newsprd01... > > John, > > > > here we are: > > > > Windows 2000 SP2 > > Scheme: Windows Standard, default colors and fonts > > Adapter: S3 Trio32/64 > > Driver version: 5.0.2184.1 > > > > Going to 32bit color, but 800 x 600, does not help either. > > > > Thinking about this, would Autodesk have used regular menus, we would not > > have run into this problem. Flashy guizmos à la Microsoft does not add any > > functionnality, only troubles. > > > > Gilles > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > > message news:40d1ad0f_2@newsprd01... > > > We have looked at the color depth and DPI settings. What other > > > customizations have you done for display? Have you altered the > Appearance > > > (such as Color or Font's) for the menu's and toolbars for your system? > Is > > > there a specific "scheme" you are using or any 3rd Party applications to > > > alter the display on your system? > > > What graphics card and driver version are you running? > > > > > > "Gilles Plante" wrote in message > > > news:40d1990e$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Doug, > > > > > > > > what details are you looking for ? I will provide them to John. > > > > > > > > Gilles > > > > > > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > > > > news:23928461.1087437845329.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > > > Gilles, > > > > > > > > > > This sounds like a bug that we've run into before. If you could > > provide > > > > more details to John, hopefully we'll be able to figure this one out. > > > > > > > > > > Doug > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community