Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark up hatch?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1023 Views, 9 Replies

Mark up hatch?

Should there is such a feature in this? This is in relation to fills blocking out all the lines.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use the AREA tool to Hatch/ Shade something. Then specify the hatch type you want. All I can think of? Mark "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40db102c$1_2@newsprd01... > Should there is such a feature in this? This is in relation to fills > blocking out all the lines. > >
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

With the area feature, we would end up with a text noting the area. Someone will want to highlight with color spaces that the designer should layout. then again the SF data with the Area feature will denote to the designer that the space should be laid out to this number of sf. Still a hatch tool will be good and easy to add. Of course if we keep adding features it will then have to be called AutoCAD! : ) "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:40db1113_1@newsprd01... > You could use the AREA tool to Hatch/ Shade something. Then specify the > hatch type you want. All I can think of? > > Mark > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:40db102c$1_2@newsprd01... > > Should there is such a feature in this? This is in relation to fills > > blocking out all the lines. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

DWFCAD....True.... Mark "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40dc6f3c$1_2@newsprd01... > With the area feature, we would end up with a text noting the area. Someone > will want to highlight with color spaces that the designer should layout. > then again the SF data with the Area feature will denote to the designer > that the space should be laid out to this number of sf. Still a hatch tool > will be good and easy to add. Of course if we keep adding features it will > then have to be called AutoCAD! : ) > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > news:40db1113_1@newsprd01... > > You could use the AREA tool to Hatch/ Shade something. Then specify the > > hatch type you want. All I can think of? > > > > Mark > > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > > news:40db102c$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Should there is such a feature in this? This is in relation to fills > > > blocking out all the lines. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

If I understand this correctly, which is no guarantee, couldn't you use the polyline or rectangle tool with opaque fill do this? I'm probably missing something here. You don't have to use the area calculation tool to get a polygon or rectangle area with fill.

--Doug
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Doug, Just that the fill is solid and no lines transmit through for reference. "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:8960971.1088474111965.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > If I understand this correctly, which is no guarantee, couldn't you use the polyline or rectangle tool with opaque fill do this? I'm probably missing something here. You don't have to use the area calculation tool to get a polygon or rectangle area with fill. > > --Doug
Message 7 of 10
asbuilts

You could use the draw order in ACAD before you plot. That's what I do and when I turn on the hatch layer (programmatically of course ;-)) I see the walls and any text.

However I would love to be able to hatch on the fly in a DWF.

Just a thought.

Craig
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

In composer? Using the fill tool on Composer results in a solid fill mark up over the original lines of the DWF file. If a lease agent wants to fill with different colors the spaces to show approx areas to lay out for leasing to the designer, that will be ideal. "asbuilts" wrote in message news:6871023.1088571230753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > You could use the draw order in ACAD before you plot. That's what I do and when I turn on the hatch layer (programmatically of course ;-)) I see the walls and any text. > > However I would love to be able to hatch on the fly in a DWF. > > Just a thought. > > Craig
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

David, I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you need, but it sounds like varying the transparency of a fill would solve your problem. Does this address the issue properly? If so, to change transparency of fill: 1.Click on the object that is filled or to be filled. 2. Select the Fill tool from the toolbar. 3. Select one of the transparency levels at the bottom of the color selection window that opens. Let me know if this helps. Anne Marie Technical Publications Autodesk "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40e2e4bf$1_2@newsprd01... > In composer? Using the fill tool on Composer results in a solid fill mark up > over the original lines of the DWF file. If a lease agent wants to fill with > different colors the spaces to show approx areas to lay out for leasing to > the designer, that will be ideal. > > > "asbuilts" wrote in message > news:6871023.1088571230753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > You could use the draw order in ACAD before you plot. That's what I do > and when I turn on the hatch layer (programmatically of course ;-)) I see > the walls and any text. > > > > However I would love to be able to hatch on the fly in a DWF. > > > > Just a thought. > > > > Craig > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Anne, Perfect! Thank you! David "Anne Marie Jackson Autodesk Tech Pubs" wrote in message news:40e3014e$1_1@newsprd01... > David, > > I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you need, but it sounds like > varying the transparency of a fill would solve your problem. Does this > address the issue properly? > > If so, to change transparency of fill: > 1.Click on the object that is filled or to be filled. > 2. Select the Fill tool from the toolbar. > 3. Select one of the transparency levels at the bottom of the color > selection window that opens. > > Let me know if this helps. > > Anne Marie > Technical Publications > Autodesk > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:40e2e4bf$1_2@newsprd01... > > In composer? Using the fill tool on Composer results in a solid fill mark > up > > over the original lines of the DWF file. If a lease agent wants to fill > with > > different colors the spaces to show approx areas to lay out for leasing to > > the designer, that will be ideal. > > > > > > "asbuilts" wrote in message > > news:6871023.1088571230753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > > You could use the draw order in ACAD before you plot. That's what I do > > and when I turn on the hatch layer (programmatically of course ;-)) I see > > the walls and any text. > > > > > > However I would love to be able to hatch on the fly in a DWF. > > > > > > Just a thought. > > > > > > Craig > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report