Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Design Review discontinued?

326 REPLIES 326
Message 1 of 327
FT398
32088 Views, 326 Replies

Is Design Review discontinued?

So all the 2014 products are out now but Design Review 2014 is conspicuous in its absence. It isn't available for download (still only 2013 available) and it hasn't been included in any of the other product installers where it always has been in the past.

Have I missed something or is this the end of the road?

326 REPLIES 326
Message 2 of 327
pendean
in reply to: FT398

Probably because there is nothing new to offer: they seem to still pretend there is something new in the free DTV viewer too, which could have also stopped with 2013 version.
Message 3 of 327
FT398
in reply to: pendean

I appreciate that the product never changes a great deal but I would have tyhought that with the money they must have spent on the new corporate image that they would have at least wanted to revamp ADR with a shiny new origami style D icon.

Message 4 of 327
pendean

Autodesk is not shy about announcing dead or dying products: just watch that DWF forum for news.
Message 5 of 327
wseaston

I should hope that they do not drop design review as our non-CAD staff rely heavily on design review to view our designs via the vault webclient. I must admit, however, that there is ALOT of room fro improvement on the viewer functionality. Dare I say that the Solidworks Edrawings viewer is FAR more capable as a free viewing and markup product.

Message 6 of 327
pendean

Agreed, that is a more feature rich viewer
Message 7 of 327
kevinshep

I assume the intent is to use 360 only?

Message 8 of 327
pendean
in reply to: kevinshep

Autodesk 360? It's not a replacement for ADR.
Or AutoCADWS (which they tweeted will now be called AutoCAD 360)? It's not capable of any ADR features either.

Nothing new to add is probably why there is no ADR2014, not much more unless Autoddesk announces otherwise.
Message 9 of 327
paul_s

I've also noticed that 3D dfw files created with AutoCAD Architecture 2014 only open up in wireframe using Design Review 2013.  Surely this isn't intentional/acceptable?

Message 10 of 327
karthur1

Strange that it is not included on my new media storage AD sent to me. Could have sworn it was in the BETA.

Message 11 of 327
varindersra
in reply to: karthur1

I am surprised that the Autodesk didn't release the ADR 2014. I was hopping that 2014 release will atleast address some of the issues that 2013 had. i.e.

While measuring we see bunch of lines & circles in space that doesn't exist in the model itself.

There was the issue with the ribbon not showing up in the internet explorer version of ADR.

And it doens't work very well with Vault.

Frankly, when I asked for fixing of these issues. Autodesk reply was that they will address those in new version.

Message 12 of 327
tim-bot
in reply to: paul_s

@paul_s wrote:

I've also noticed that 3D dfw files created with AutoCAD Architecture 2014 only open up in wireframe using Design Review 2013.  Surely this isn't intentional/acceptable?

in 2014 for 3d dwfs and also in navis (which we learned the hard way) is that all architectural members need to have a material on them to show up. so just change from the *None* to Global or something in the display properties, then it works like a charm B)

Message 13 of 327
pmascaro
in reply to: tim-bot

Message 14 of 327
patxi_autodesk
in reply to: pmascaro

I didn't see anything clear about this. In http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0372-Readme_N372/0373-Vault_20373 find "Other client language notes" and you will see :

• "An English version of Autodesk Design Review 2014 is included in Vault client products for Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, and Traditional Chinese." 

Then Autodesk Design Review 2014 exists!!! But I don't have vault 2014

Message 15 of 327
pmascaro
in reply to: varindersra

I do not think you will find "Design Review 2014" you have to look for "True View 2014" See my link above.

Design Review runs inside of True View. In the past you had the option to just download True View or you could download True View w/ Design Review. I think they stopped calling it Design Review in 2014 and stopped offering as two seperate options. You have to Install True View and I beleive you get Design Reivew in it....

See my link above and look at the notes for True Veiw when you go to download it. I beleive it states that it comes w/ Design Reivew built in and it supports more programs now...

Message 16 of 327
FT398

According to Scott D Davis who posted on another forum:

There will not be a Design Review 2014.

If I can find out why, I'll let you all know!  I haven't heard an official internal message yet.

Message 17 of 327
FT398

@pmascaro wrote:

I do not think you will find "Design Review 2014" you have to look for "True View 2014" See my link above.

Design Review runs inside of True View. In the past you had the option to just download True View or you could download True View w/ Design Review. I think they stopped calling it Design Review in 2014 and stopped offering as two seperate options. You have to Install True View and I beleive you get Design Reivew in it....

See my link above and look at the notes for True Veiw when you go to download it. I beleive it states that it comes w/ Design Reivew built in and it supports more programs now...

TrueView does not open DWF files and does not produce redline markups so it is not suitable as a replacement for Design Review.

Message 18 of 327
pmascaro

I stand corrected. When you click on the desing review link, it brings you to 2013. When I open True View 2014, there is no design review in it...

I guess anyone running anything other then AutoCAD is out of luck considering you will curropt a 2014 drawing in 2013 in any other Autodesk application... (Not backwards compatable...)

Sorry for any confusion....

Message 19 of 327
varindersra

What does Vault 2014 is using then to create and see 3D visualization files?

Message 20 of 327

I found 2014 installation of vault client and it comes with 2013 version of design review. 

The wiki is not correct at all about this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report