Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on Win 98

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mvosters
326 Views, 7 Replies

Installing on Win 98

Has anyone tried installing the DWF Composer on Windows 98. If so are there any problems you have come accross?

Thanks,
Matt Vosters
Engineering Plus, Inc.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mvosters

WOW windows 98. havent heard of that O/S for awhile. There should be no problems between windows 95 and up with DWF composer... you may just have to goto the windows website and update though. "MVosters" wrote in message news:8844987.1086781860605.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Has anyone tried installing the DWF Composer on Windows 98. If so are there any problems you have come accross? > > Thanks, > Matt Vosters > Engineering Plus, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Matt - DWF Composer is not supported on Win98. The supported Operating Systems are: Microsoft®Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows NT® ------------------------------ Susan Scott Autodesk Viewers QA "AlmightySR" wrote in message news:40c6fe52$1_1@newsprd01... > WOW windows 98. havent heard of that O/S for awhile. There should be no > problems between windows 95 and up with DWF composer... you may just have to > goto the windows website and update though. > > > "MVosters" wrote in message > news:8844987.1086781860605.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Has anyone tried installing the DWF Composer on Windows 98. If so are > there any problems you have come accross? > > > > Thanks, > > Matt Vosters > > Engineering Plus, Inc. > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

works on windows 2000 but not 98...? I can see if it worked on XP and up seeing as DOS was completely eliminated as the "core" OS for windows but 2000 I thought still had 'core' dos commands. Being wrong stinks... its ok.. there is always a first time... or is it the trillionth time? I keep forgetting "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:40c722fd_1@newsprd01... > Matt - > > DWF Composer is not supported on Win98. The supported Operating Systems > are: > Microsoft®Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows > NT® > > ------------------------------ > Susan Scott > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > "AlmightySR" wrote in message > news:40c6fe52$1_1@newsprd01... > > WOW windows 98. havent heard of that O/S for awhile. There should be no > > problems between windows 95 and up with DWF composer... you may just have > to > > goto the windows website and update though. > > > > > > "MVosters" wrote in message > > news:8844987.1086781860605.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Has anyone tried installing the DWF Composer on Windows 98. If so are > > there any problems you have come accross? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Matt Vosters > > > Engineering Plus, Inc. > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

We have about 5 users here running Composer & Windows 98. It is really slow!! And quite a bit of road blocks. You can not open files with Double click in Explorer. You also cant view DWF's from within windows Explorer browser. But other than that its ok, not great. Work good with 2000 and up. I wouldn't try it on a 95.....Way to Old school... Mark "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:40c722fd_1@newsprd01... > Matt - > > DWF Composer is not supported on Win98. The supported Operating Systems > are: > Microsoft®Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows > NT® > > ------------------------------ > Susan Scott > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > "AlmightySR" wrote in message > news:40c6fe52$1_1@newsprd01... > > WOW windows 98. havent heard of that O/S for awhile. There should be no > > problems between windows 95 and up with DWF composer... you may just have > to > > goto the windows website and update though. > > > > > > "MVosters" wrote in message > > news:8844987.1086781860605.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Has anyone tried installing the DWF Composer on Windows 98. If so are > > there any problems you have come accross? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Matt Vosters > > > Engineering Plus, Inc. > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
mvosters

Thanks for your input everyone, I figured it probably wouldn't work the greatest, just as long as it would work.

Matt
Message 7 of 8
MBCAD

Does Microsoft even support 98 anymore? Upgrade is what $150.00??
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

"AlmightySR" wrote in message news:40c73086_2@newsprd01... > works on windows 2000 but not 98...? > > I can see if it worked on XP and up seeing as DOS was completely > eliminated > as the "core" OS for windows but 2000 I thought still had 'core' dos > commands. > Some Histroy: Product family #1 Win3.1 -> win95 -> Win98 -> Win98SE -> WinME -> product line discontinued! Product family #2 WinNT3.51 -> NT4 ->NT5 (actual release name was Win2000) ->NT6 (actual release names was / is WinXP) So W98 & Win2000 are from 2 different product families 9despite the confusing naming!) HTH some

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report