Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE8 Freezing when opening a DWF Document (Win7)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
431 Views, 2 Replies

IE8 Freezing when opening a DWF Document (Win7)

Installed AutoDesk Design Review 2011 on several Windows 7 machines via SCCM (using admin rights not user rights). Attempted to lauch a site that had a DWF embedded and my IE 8 froze. Had to force close my IE. This was attempted another time and it froze once again.

Right clicked on IE and "Run as Admin" and attempted this again and a configuration window (windows installer) pops open. Once it completes, the maps open fine (with and without running as admin).

Right clicking and running as admin is not an option for all of my users. This installation works totally fine for Windows XP users so I'm convinced this is UAC related. Is there something I can add via an MST to correct this behavior?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
whtank
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your question.

It is a similar post with http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/ADR-2011-W7-IE8/td-p/2803486.

You can remove the registry key to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: whtank

There is a little problem in our Hotfix installer. If you are using Win7, you can resolve this issue by deleting the key ‘{69BD6A6D-F788-4A34-BAE9-76AB5F69EF9D}’ under path ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autodesk\​DWF Common\Settings\Document Handlers’ for 64bit or ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWF Common\Settings\Document Handlers’ for 32bit in your registry.

It appears this key is being created on first start up from within IE. It works fine the first time, but after that it breaks since the key now exists due to the additional customizations made.

My issue is, if I deploy this to 6,000 users on Win7, I can't expect our helpdesk to delete this key for all those users. I can't script it to delete during install, since it doesn't exist until the user launches it.

Deleting the key instantly unfreezes the IE session and displays the map.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report