Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - There was a problem displaying the page

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Adam.box
1301 Views, 3 Replies

Error - There was a problem displaying the page

Design Review 2012 seems to have started to struggle with opening certain dwf files.  Having worked with dwf's for 10 years as a result of providing the Buzzsaw solution into the UK and am a big fan of the capability of dwfs.

I have uploaded two dwf that cannot be displayed - from a fresh start of Design Review they will open, but if you open one, then try and open the other up comes the error - you can then go back to try to open the first one the error appears again!

I don't know if it is a memory problem or whatever - but we have clients now getting nervous about the use of dwf as the problems keep occuring.  It seems as though Design Review has become far less tolerant of the dwf files as they both open absolutely fine in Design Review 2010.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
whtank
in reply to: Adam.box

Thank you for your question and attached sample files.

After investigating these files I found they are temporary file format produced by importing PDF into Design Review. 

I would like to know how you get these DWF files? 

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Adam.box

Hi,

They are being generated as markups of pdf's in Autodesk Buzzsaw.  As you can imagine they are causing us problems.  I understand from talking to your colleagues that you are best saving them as dwfx.  You can test this by loading them into ADR 2012, accept the error message and then re-save as dwfx and the drawings appear.  I believe an error ticket has been raised covering this problem.  Thanks for getting back to me, I just hope that a fix is issued quickly to fix it permanently for our users.

Message 4 of 4
whtank

Thank you for your support again.
We will try our best to resolve your question as quickly as we can. I will add this request into Autodesk database later.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report