Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xc0000142

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jennchristopher
10719 Views, 6 Replies

Error 0xc0000142

I recently downloaded Autodesk Design Review 2010 and True View 2010 at the same time. After both were downloaded successfully, I decided that I did not need True View and uninstalled it. Now Design View will not run and gives me error code 0xc0000142. As I understand it, by uninstalling True View I unistalled a critical dll file that keeps Design Review from running. I tried uninstalling both programs and reinstalling to no avail. Currently I have Design Review installed, but continue to get the same error code. Is there a way to download the file that was uninstalled? Edited by: jennchristopher on Nov 23, 2009 7:27 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jennchristopher

A freeware called REVO UNINSTALLER will correctly remove both programs, if
you remember to use it's most aggressive #4 setting and delete everything on
offer to delete.

Restarting your PC and with new downloads to get everything running back
again.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply. I did as you suggested. It seems that the uninstall was successful, but after I reinstalled the Autodesk Design Review I can't access it. I am able to open dfw. files, but only view them. The tool bars are not there. Any idea how fix my new problem?

Thanks
Jenn
Message 4 of 7
guok
in reply to: jennchristopher

Thank you for your question.

It looks like a .net installation issue, since the toolbars of Autodesk Design Review 2010 (ADR2010) are implemented with .Net, the ADR2010 depends on the .Net Framework to run. However, we need to verify this case with users who also hit the problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Please try the following steps to figure out the problem.

1. Download the .NET Framework setup verification utility via this link. You also can find this link here.

2. Run this verification program and select .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the dropdown to verify by clicking "Verify Now".

3. After verifying, click "View Log" to check the result.

If the last line is "****ERROR**** Verification failed for product .NET Framework 3.5 SP1", please follow these steps.

1. Uninstall all versions of .NET that are currently on your machine.

2. Install .NET 3.5 SP1. Here's the link to the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/net/Download.aspx

Hope my suggestions are helpful for you.

- Kenny Guo

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

im having the same problem but its with a different program, i install Inventor 2012 and the first time i opened it i got the same error code and it wont let me uninstal it

Message 6 of 7

Hello all! I an having the exact same trouble getting my Inventor application to initialize. The 0xc0000142 code is posted and then it asks me to close the application. Can anyone give me some sort of help to fix this?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for reporting this problem.

One another discussion group focuses specifically on Inventor. I suggest that you can post your question in that group.

Please try the following link for your convenience.
    Autodesk Inventor.

Please let know if you have any further question.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report