Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic review using ADR and Vault Collaboration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KobusE
499 Views, 3 Replies

Electronic review using ADR and Vault Collaboration

Hi,

Our company is implementing an electronic review system for commenting and marking up on drawings.  For this we have procured a 46" touch screen system with built in pc, linked it to our network, loaded Vault Collaboration 2012, IV 2012, ADR 2012.  It has its own email address and is located in our project drawing area.  I have been able to set it up to open drawings from Vault, mark it up in ADR, save it and check back into Vault.  We also have an office in India contributing to our project that also uses Vault Collaboration 2012 - we are still working on the interaction between their Vault and ours.

Now the questions:

1. I'd like any comments on lessons learnt from anyone that has implemented something like this before.

2. Signing off (wet signature equivalent) of drawings on ADR?  How do I accomplish that?

3. How does digital signatures feature in a setup like this?

Frankly any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Regards

Kobus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vgottipa
in reply to: KobusE

Hello,

This looks like an interesting project. Sorry for going off-topic, but I found Autodesk Buzzsaw to be good at drawings colloboration. I am sure you may have heard or used it before. It includes a lot of similar and additional functionality. One of the cool things I like about it is the Compare feature to automatically highlight the revisions. You could acheive this functionality with plain design review as well, but that would involve having both the old and new versions of the dwf on your hard drive. Good luck anyway.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
KobusE
in reply to: vgottipa

Buzzsaw actually forms part of our communication channel with our Indian office.  We currently use it to exchange Vault information by synchronising the entire Vault (Inventor and Autocad files) with them.  They then download and upload files as needed.

However, we'd like Vault to be our main system and using Autodesk Design Review as our drawing squad check system  Actually this post can be looked at from three different groups - ADR, Vault Collaboration as well as Buzzsaw.

You're correct, this is actually an interesting project, even though i am doing this concurrently with being section lead for a "real" project as well.

Thanks for your comments.

Message 4 of 4
iqbal.lotey
in reply to: KobusE

Hi Kobus,

If you're still watching this thread, how did your markup process work out?  We are also trying to figure out how to make DWF markups work in Vault, and am intrigued as to how you got it "to open drawings from Vault, mark it up in ADR, save it and check back into Vault"

Thanks,

Iqbal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report