Design Review
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dynamic Stamps: What would you want?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
davidtu
1438 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic Stamps: What would you want?

Dynamic stamps may be able to automatically include the current date and time, your name, contact information, etc. For example, say you want to approve or reject a drawing, you could just grab the "Approved" or  "Rejected" stamp and apply it to a sheet...your name, date, and time could be included automatically.

I am wondering what stamps you would like to see that would have this type of feature. Specifically, what types of "dynamic" text fields would you like to have included in these kind of stamps.

Vote early and vote often!

thanks,

David Tu

Senior Product Designer

Simulation Product Line Group

Platform Solutions and Emerging Business Division

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mies07
in reply to: davidtu

We really need to be able to make custom stamps that will atuomatically fill in dates, times, and user names similar to PDF stamps that read system date/ time/user info and fill in. The whole process of creating custom stampls in ADR is in my opinion way too cumbersome. If I need to get outside, non cad folks to use ADR as a markup tool, it is almost impossible to explain to them how to create or send them custom stamps. For example, a simple approval stamp with "Approved," "Approved as Noted" and "Resubmit" checkboxes now requires at least (3) separate custom stamps (one for each checkbox marked) and if there is a date and name to be filled in one must manually place pieces of text and drag it into place. Then, if stamp is repositioned, you have to hope you remember to reposition the signature and date text bits as well. This should be much simpler, and stamp creation should not involve dwf publication with block info, etc so non-cad people can easily create their own stamps. One way would be to make dynamic attiributed blocks from autocad directly importable (with date, name, and visibility states for checkmarks, etc). Of course, this still does not help non-cad people, but it would certainly make it easier for us to send them custom symbols.

Message 3 of 6
derekanderson

Boxes that can be checked/unchecked, such as for an approval stamp where you'd have Approved, Approved as noted, Resubmit, Rejected, etc.   Then name and date fields.  The whole stamp creation process in ADR is cumbersome and very limited.  Its basically of no use to us engineers who want to use it to review/markup drawings.  We use Nitro PDF or Acrobat.

Message 4 of 6
lundbea
in reply to: derekanderson

Thanks for the post.  

To all ADR users:  

We are considering how the markups can be enhanced and would like to hear further details about what you are looking for.  If you are interested in discussing this with us, please email me at allister.lundberg@autodesk.com and we can arrange a time.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: lundbea

Has this gone anywhere yet?  Because, frankly, this product is of little use to us if we cannot use dynamic stamps for electronic drawing approval.  I can do this easily with a PDF... why do I need ADR?

Message 6 of 6
isaac960

Not only a dynamic Approval Stamp, but also the ability to create multiple mark-up layers.

I.e. one layer for Mechanical, one for Electrical etc. so all comment from differing Departmentscan be capture in one dwf.

It seems abackward step to be able to create any number of layers within AutoCAd to the restrict the Mark-up with ADR to ONE !! Bizzare

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report