Design Review

toughty
Message 1 of 3 (457 Views)

Does not Dwg Viewer have ActiveX control.

457 Views, 2 Replies
06-27-2004 09:52 PM
I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic.
I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing engine.
Actually, Reference menu of Visual Basic Project show autocad2005 type libraries(acax 16eun.tlb).
but I can't control dwg viewer.
For Example, If I run the following source code, that It occur "Run-time error : Active component can't create object."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim Acadapp as AcadApplication
Private Sub Form_Load()

Set Acadapp = CreateObject("AutoCad.Application.16")

End Sub
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't control ActiveX control included in Dwg viewer ?
Please Answer me.
*John Schmier \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 3 (457 Views)

Re: Does not Dwg Viewer have ActiveX control.

06-28-2004 03:40 PM in reply to: toughty
The DWG viewer is not designed to be an ActiveX Control. "toughty" wrote in message news:3853888.1088398352284.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic. > I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing engine. > Actually, Reference menu of Visual Basic Project show autocad2005 type libraries(acax 16eun.tlb). > but I can't control dwg viewer. > For Example, If I run the following source code, that It occur "Run-time error : Active component can't create object." > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Dim Acadapp as AcadApplication > Private Sub Form_Load() > > Set Acadapp = CreateObject("AutoCad.Application.16") > > End Sub > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Doesn't control ActiveX control included in Dwg viewer ? > Please Answer me.
*Scott Sheppard
Message 3 of 3 (457 Views)

Re: Does not Dwg Viewer have ActiveX control.

06-28-2004 04:45 PM in reply to: toughty
Exactly. DWF Composer is the ActiveX Control. The DWG Viewer should primarily be used to generate a DWF. Some people just can't let go of using the native DWG. :-) "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40e09e79$1_2@newsprd01... > The DWG viewer is not designed to be an ActiveX Control. > > > "toughty" wrote in message > news:3853888.1088398352284.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic. > > I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing > engine.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community