Design Review

*Mark Douglas
Message 1 of 4 (194 Views)

?Dimensions work?

194 Views, 3 Replies
05-10-2004 02:04 PM
I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a object is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on it. How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? Mark
*John Schmier \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)

Re: ?Dimensions work?

05-10-2004 02:15 PM in reply to: *Mark Douglas
The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale value to apply to the dimensions. "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a object > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on it. > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > Mark > >
*Mark Douglas
Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

05-10-2004 02:31 PM in reply to: *Mark Douglas
That's what I thought. Is there a way to override this? To have it dimension at a different scale than it does by default. Due to us Stacking our Viewports? Mark "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:409ff0e5$1_3@newsprd01... > The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale > value to apply to the dimensions. > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a > object > > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on > it. > > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > > > Mark > > > > > >
*John Schmier \(Autodesk\)
Message 4 of 4 (194 Views)

05-10-2004 02:39 PM in reply to: *Mark Douglas
Sorry Mark, for release 1 of DWF Composer you don't have the ability to override the dimension scale if the scale has been published into the DWF. AutoCAD has been publishing the scale into the DWF since I believe ACAD 2000. I know it's on the wishlist for the next release. "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:409ff451$1_1@newsprd01... > That's what I thought. Is there a way to override this? To have it dimension > at a different scale than it does by default. Due to us Stacking our > Viewports? > > Mark > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:409ff0e5$1_3@newsprd01... > > The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale > > value to apply to the dimensions. > > > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > > news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > > > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a > > object > > > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on > > it. > > > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > > > > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > > > > > Mark > > > > > > > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community