Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DesignReview crashes on startup with DirectX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
strada-ch
1196 Views, 4 Replies

DesignReview crashes on startup with DirectX

On opening a large dwf Design Review 2012/2013 crashes on startup (ends immediately before model is shown). The acceleration-mode is by default on Direct3D. We've found that if we switch this mode to OpenGL the application does not crash at startup. However it doesn't run stable in this mode either (user are reporting about 2 crashes in 10 minutes).

The readme for ADR2013 recommends for some known issues to switch the hardware acceleration mode to OpenGL. However this mode is also not running stable for large models and our users state that as not usable.

Using:

- Windows 7 64bit

- ThinkStation E31

- Quadro 600

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the problem with DirectX or the unstable OpenGL-mode? We've updated already the graphics card drivers but this did not help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
matthias.kienle
in reply to: strada-ch

Same problem...

- Windows 7 64bit

- 32 GB RAM

- NVIDIA Quadro K4000

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: matthias.kienle

ADR 2013 development stopped back in the year 2012.

Search these forums for tips opening large DWF files, or change like Autodesk has to the web type of DWF viewing they want everyone to go with http://www.autodesk.com/viewers/dwf
Message 4 of 5
matthias.kienle
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I already searched the forum, but all tips doesn´t work or are not satisfactorily.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Matthias

... will give the "web type" a try...

Message 5 of 5

Hello again,

hera an update due to my tests with the "web type":

I tried to upload 4 problematic dwfx-files (24...38 Mb) to A360 Viewer.

Just one file (37 Mb) was successfully uploaded and processed, then the viewing and handling worked fine.

The upload of the other 3 files failed, the error message says always the same: "Unable to open DRM / rights-protected file."

I checked the file properties "Read-Only": it is nowhere set. Seems, like something went wrong during creation of the dwfx-file...

Anyway, the web type of DWF-Viewing isn´t realizable for our company at the moment:

Due to secrecy agreements with our customers, it is not enforceable for us to use cloud services.

And what, if there is no network at a customers installation site available? (And sometimes it is!) 

We will look for alternative solutions, maybe 3D PDF.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Matthias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report