Design Review

SENL1267
Message 1 of 2 (550 Views)

Design review and subparts

550 Views, 1 Replies
10-25-2012 04:51 AM

When exporting from Revit we get subparts in the DWF.

When you search for an object select it based on a property value and then issue the command Hide Others the object is also hidden. This object has a subpart, if you select the selected object and the subpart under it and use Hide Others the object is not hidden.

My problem is that the subpart has no properties and i can not determine that the object is a subpart.

It is not possible to see in Design Review API that the found object has a child object and that it is a subpart.

You can not search the subpart in the Design Review Api because it has no properties, so selecting it that way is not possible.

I am in a deadlock situation now, is there a way to select the subpart based on the entityId ? or is it possible to find out that the selected object has a subpart under it?

regards

Eddy Tick

ps.

A problem that becomes more and more anoying. Also autodesk create a .Net viewer for DWF(x) or make one that supports x64 !

swiftbim
Message 2 of 2 (546 Views)

Re: Design review and subparts

10-25-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: SENL1267

I have faced this situation before, the solution was to make an add-in to Revit that would push parametric values to nested components. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community