Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design review and subparts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SENL1267
793 Views, 1 Reply

Design review and subparts

When exporting from Revit we get subparts in the DWF.

When you search for an object select it based on a property value and then issue the command Hide Others the object is also hidden. This object has a subpart, if you select the selected object and the subpart under it and use Hide Others the object is not hidden.

My problem is that the subpart has no properties and i can not determine that the object is a subpart.

It is not possible to see in Design Review API that the found object has a child object and that it is a subpart.

You can not search the subpart in the Design Review Api because it has no properties, so selecting it that way is not possible.

I am in a deadlock situation now, is there a way to select the subpart based on the entityId ? or is it possible to find out that the selected object has a subpart under it?

regards

Eddy Tick

ps.

A problem that becomes more and more anoying. Also autodesk create a .Net viewer for DWF(x) or make one that supports x64 !

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
swiftbim
in reply to: SENL1267

I have faced this situation before, the solution was to make an add-in to Revit that would push parametric values to nested components. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report