Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design review Program

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
autocad_al
288 Views, 3 Replies

Design review Program

It's a goog program for what it is. To bad I can't open sheet sets created by the core products. That is why we will never use this product. Why weed through a dumping ground of drawing files with no intellegence or organization.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pstongelitho
in reply to: autocad_al

We find this program exceptional for our needs.

We use Inventor for our conception and drawing needs.

We generate DWF from inventor to have our mechnicas or machinist view, take measures and print the drawings.

We also use the DWF to send to machine shops to have the parts made.

DWF files are great for you never have to send or have the original .iam parts or a dwg/dxf running around and having the chance of being modified and then mistakes made.

We find Design Review is the BEST tool to work along with core programs.  It is shareware, free to download and to use, it is perfect to send drawings on our job sites or to suppliers that do not use autodesk programs.

8/10 for design review

Message 3 of 4
autocad_al
in reply to: Pstongelitho

What the heck is a mechnicas? I never heard of that word before. Or did you mean

The catalog created from the sheet set manager has some intelligence, organization and ease of drawing acquisition. When you have a project with 600+ drawings it would be nice to be organized to save time. I have to deal with all disciplines in my field, Piping, Architectural, Structural Steel, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil design, and fabrication design. As you can see I have a lot to deal with in a single project. So, I say again, from my point of view, if  Design review could open a DST with it's present tools is would be the bomb. But as is, it's just another viewer / red lining tool which is limited. I can do without since I can create a PDF booklet keeping in tact all the drawings intelligence, attributes, layer structure etc. in a PDF format.  AS you know everyone has the free PDF reader.

Message 4 of 4
Pstongelitho
in reply to: autocad_al

First mechanicas = Mechanics  typo.

Secondly i've never seen Design review advertized as anything else than a viewer, cause that's what it is a VIEWER.

"Accelerate your design reviews on your desktop with Autodesk® Design Review software. It’s the free*, all-digital way to view, mark up, print, and track changes to Autodesk 2D and 3D files—without the original design software."

So i don't know why your mad about Design review.  It is a great tools that does what it needs to do. 

We work with inventor along with design review as our on site viewer/tool for our projects, and some projects are very massive for the are of a full printing press line, with different views and assemblies (1K+)  In one file we have as many views and list as we want according to our needs.  It's all in how you generate your DWF file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report