Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design review 2013 will not open dwg files anymore

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
brad
9309 Views, 45 Replies

Design review 2013 will not open dwg files anymore

Good morning,

2 days ago I switched to AutoCad LT from inventer (long story). It appears that design review no longer works for me as it does nothing when I try to open up DWG files. I get no error message either.

I have updated trueview, reinstalled both deisgn review and true view to no avail.

Are there any issues between LT and these applications I am not aware of?

Any help would be great

thanks in advance

Thanks,

Brad

AutoCAD LT 2013
Design Review 2013
45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
m_latz
in reply to: tim.west

Mr. West,

this should work definitely. May be you missed something or my sample is not clear. Sorry my english is not so good. But to solve your problem we can do a teamviewer session and will solve the problem on your pc if ADR 2013 and TV 2015 is already installed. Takes apporx 2 minutes to fix.

If you're interessed, send me an e-mail.

regards

Markus

Message 22 of 46
tim.west
in reply to: m_latz

Your instructions and english are perfect....

Still not working 😞

Scott, please pass on the info, it would be nice to incorporate into the 'tweak' of ADR when it ships 😉

Message 23 of 46
m_latz

Can you please also make a screenshot of the HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE view of that tree, because there ADR get the call.

Message 24 of 46
m_latz

Yes correct could not work, because I forgot the 2nd part you have to modify. You have also to add the foolowing keys to the HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE part.

See attached image.

Sorry, that I forgot. But it's a few months ago, I solved that problem for someone else.

6-17-2014 10-30-13 PM.png

Message 25 of 46
tim.west

I have added your second value.....

DWG trueview reg edit 2.png

Still Broken 😞

Message 26 of 46
tim.west

And Fixed,

Markus' fix works a treat if you copy the text correctly...

Thanks Markus!

Message 27 of 46
m_latz

My screen shots are shrinked so it's is difficult to read correctly, so here for others the code from the registry for the english version of TrueView 2015 for 64-Bit OS with 64-Bit TrueView:

1st part for HKCU:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R10]
"CurVer"="dwgviewr-E001:409"

2nd part for HKLM:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R10]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R10\dwgviewr-E001:409] "Location"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\DWG TrueView 2015 - English"

Message 28 of 46
tim.west

If you have admin rights, you can download the attached file..

Change its extension to .reg

Then run it and it will add the 2 values 😉

Message 29 of 46
sbrusco
in reply to: mickeyn

mickeyn's suggestion works for me, although the first link could not be found.

One thing i noticed is that the bundle loads 2013 versions of both ADR and DT and while this seems to be the latest version of ADR, it is two versions old for DT.

I like the ability to open DWGs directly in ADR (come on now, you all know what i mean) but will forego that niceity (is this a word) to use the latest version of DT.

COME ON AUTODESK, PAY ATTENTION AND FIX THIS!!

Sal

Message 30 of 46
rkmcswain
in reply to: sbrusco

sbrusco wrote:

COME ON AUTODESK, PAY ATTENTION AND FIX THIS!!

I wouldn't be terribly optimistic about it. I don't think they typically go back and make fixes to discontinued products and it's quite clear that cloud 360 is where the focus is.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 31 of 46
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: rkmcswain

As to workaround - it doesn't helped me (even so I'm not sure if doubled backslashes should be used in "Location" value).

After modifying registry I start getting message "The current installation of DWG TrueView has been modified. Please reinstall the latest version of DWG TrueView to open DWG files in Design Review."

BTW, Sorry for "disappointing" you but this month the unbelievable happened - Autodesk published the update for ADR2013 (most actual build is now 13.1.0.82 instead of 13.0.0.82) -  http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/design-review/learn-explore/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-de....

Unfortunately they ignored topic of this thread.

Message 32 of 46
m_latz
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

You should not modify the registry keys from the current TrueView installaton. You should add the new keys. You can also download the txt file from one community member, rename to .reg and execute.

I've made transformations for the TrueView 2014 and TrueView 2015 msi files. When you install you can apply to fix the problem, that ADR did not find TrueView. I've not posted yet, because I'm not sure if someone needs it, because this is only useful if you have not yet TrueView installed.

regards

Markus

Message 33 of 46
Maxim-CADman77

I'd rather not use anything modified by 3rd party.

May be for me it worth to reinstall True View 2015 now?
Message 34 of 46
m_latz

I agree with you, but a .mst file is like "open source" you can use orca msi editor to look into and check what it will modify.

I think you do not have to reinstall trueview.

If you export the HKLM\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView and HKCU\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView keys to a .reg file, then rename to .txt and attach it to a thread I can modify for you.

regards

Markus

Message 35 of 46
Maxim-CADman77

Reinstalling DWG TrueView 2015 after adding keys to registry did the
trick for me - I now can open DWGs with ADR2013 and DWG TrueView 2015.

Thanks a lot for sharing the workaround!
Message 36 of 46

Oh no! That was not we who shared the workaroud. Score should go to

m.latz

Message 37 of 46
m_latz

I received the Kudo.Is that wrong ? Can I give it back to you ?

regards

Markus

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous

Has anyone tried this?

Message 39 of 46
scott.sheppard
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk DWG TrueView opens DWG files. Autodesk Design Review opens DWF files. As a convenience feature, if you try to open a DWG with Autodesk Design Review, Autodesk Design Review will use Autodesk DWG TrueView to generate a DWF from the DWG and open the resulting DWF. For this to happen, Autodesk Design Review has to be able to find Autodesk DWG TrueView. So it makes sense that if you install Autodesk DWG TrueView 2015 and add the registry keys that Autodesk Design Review is using, the convenience behavior you are looking to restore will work again.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 40 of 46
mmanning
in reply to: brad

Sorry to drag this thread back up to the top:

I followed the various suggestions in this thread, and now ADR will open DWGs just fine as long as I run it as an administrator, but if I run it as a standard user nothing happens. No error nor does the DWG open. How to fix this behavior??

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report