Design Review

brad
Message 1 of 37 (3,924 Views)
Accepted Solution

Design review 2013 will not open dwg files anymore

3924 Views, 36 Replies
01-23-2013 07:01 AM

Good morning,

2 days ago I switched to AutoCad LT from inventer (long story). It appears that design review no longer works for me as it does nothing when I try to open up DWG files. I get no error message either.

I have updated trueview, reinstalled both deisgn review and true view to no avail.

Are there any issues between LT and these applications I am not aware of?

Any help would be great

thanks in advance

Thanks,

Brad

AutoCAD LT 2013
Design Review 2013
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 37 (3,913 Views)

Re: Design review 2013 will not open dwg files anymore

01-23-2013 04:11 PM in reply to: brad

ADR2013 does not open DWG files: it's a DWF viewer.

LT, ADR and DTV (DWG Trureview) can coexist on the same PC just fine: did you completely uninstall ADT and reinstalled the combo (ADR and DTV)? recommended.

Is LT no longer on the PC? I don't know if Inventor was an influence: what is the default DWG file application on your PC?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
brad
Message 3 of 37 (3,823 Views)

02-04-2013 06:02 AM in reply to: pendean

Previously I could open design review, select the dwg which it would them open allowing me to save a dwf file?

How can I create a dwf file from CAD if design review does not work with dwg files no longer?

Thanks,

Brad

AutoCAD LT 2013
Design Review 2013
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 37 (3,815 Views)

02-04-2013 10:32 AM in reply to: pendean

You can PLOT or PUBLISH (or EXPORT in newer versions) to a DWF from AutoCAD, regardless of version.

AutoCAD can also be set to "auto-publish" DWF files when you exit a DWG: OPTIONS command's PLOT tab controls this setting.

brad
Message 5 of 37 (3,415 Views)

03-06-2013 06:12 AM in reply to: brad

I am still confused here.

I was able to open design review, select a DWG file and it would open as a dwf file before, showing me all layout pages.. I assume some sort of conversion was happening on the fly. This no longer takes place. Has something changed with 2013 or am i missing something here? I have true view installed and I am running LT.

Using the publish method does work but very slow.

Thanks,

Brad

AutoCAD LT 2013
Design Review 2013
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 37 (3,408 Views)

03-06-2013 07:16 AM in reply to: brad

Seems to work fine here (which is no help to you of course): I have AutoCAD 2013, LT2013, DTV2013 and ADR 2013 installed, Win7 Pro.

Time for a reinstall perhaps?

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 7 of 37 (2,235 Views)

09-06-2013 10:40 AM in reply to: pendean

I have reinstalled Design Review 2013 and just reinstalled the latest DWG TrueView, however I still am getting the msg that I need the latest version of TrueView.  Any help would be appreciated.

DWGTrueviewMsg.png

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 8 of 37 (1,472 Views)

01-04-2014 01:46 AM in reply to: brad

Same here.  I tried to download Trueview 2013 to match Design Review 2013, but found no way to download Trueview 2013.

I tried to download Design Review 2014 to match Truview 2014, but found no way to download Design Review 2014.

This sounds like another example of the uber-monopolistic Autodesk thumbing its nose at customers. 

While we wait for Autodesk to respond, any help and all workarounds would be much appreciated. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 37 (1,465 Views)

01-04-2014 08:06 AM in reply to: cadmgr
There is no reason or need to download "matching" sets of those two software, it is technically irrelevant.
With ADR any dwg-capable "autocad" installed on your pc will suffice.

Your basis of information about the two software is false.

You seem to have a hidden agenda after reading your other post.
Contributor
cadmgr
Message 10 of 37 (1,433 Views)

01-06-2014 03:12 AM in reply to: pendean
Thanks for your reply, but, excuse me?!?  How anyone might infer a "hidden agenda" in any of these posts is a feat of master intelligence far beyond my humble ken. 

Perhaps one might try reviewing this thread's opening post, which defines the public - and universal - agenda of getting the software to work as expected for users who simply want to get their work done on time and, with luck and not overwhelming personal sacrifice, on budget. 

Perhaps one might consider investing hours of non-billable time troubleshooting one's way through all possibilities when realities fail to match reason and technically relevant expectations. 

Perhaps one might review more than a single "other post" by any one of the scads (or perhaps "plethora" - google it) of Autocad users whose questions remain unanswered, and whose software failure issues remain unresolved. 

"Expert Elite?"  How does a recognized expert NOT see that the issue in this thread is an honest call, and that the prompt seen by many (only a small percentage of whom take the time to register and post here) is spurious and related to a software and/or instruction problem, and not to user error or inexperience? 

Hidden agenda?  Why does that come to your mind - unless perhaps you have a hidden (or, judging by your signature links, commercial) agenda for making ad hominem attacks on forum members who are willing to testify about issues that need holistic attention? 

With hidden agendas in mind, can you please clarify your agenda for abandoning this thread three months ago instead of responding to the query made by a very active forum member with a very relevant question? 

The failure isolated in this thread may, in fact, have a very simple solution (After all, most of these things have simple solutions) - but the vendor should be taking the time to pursue it.  Your surprise message appears to show a personal agenda more intent on belittling forum members than on solving problems. 

Indeed, your recent posts evidence an elitist and, frankly, negative approach to addressing users who ask for help.  Understanding that choosing to field questions that range from delightfully challenging to dreadfully dull can take its toll on one's fortitude and sense of service, neither excuse nor right exists to impute hidden motives to community members who visit here because stuff isn't working. 

So, before you further engage in attacking users who pay thousands and tens of thousands of dollars for products whose quality control and product support, while by no means infernal, could use improvement and MORE PAID STAFF, how about measuring up to your professed status by spending a bit less time increasing your post count and a bit more time trying to answer users' questions?  And yes, this sometimes means spelling out things that were missed in the product documentation process - if your agenda here is to provide support. 

(Snarky closing epithet pre-deleted to help ease moderator workload)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community