Design Review

Message 11 of 38 (1,676 Views)

Re: Design Review for Ipad & Droid

06-10-2011 11:15 AM in reply to: eucci

Late to this convo but DWF on Android would be great.. WS means I have to upload all the xref's which is not worth the effort when I have a facility with more xrefs than I care to count. With the DWF I can mark and measure w/out all the problems associated with refernce files.

Message 12 of 38 (1,598 Views)

08-11-2011 11:50 AM in reply to: eucci

Has there been any movement on getting an app for Android for DWF markups yet?

Thomas Schaefer

Valued Contributor
Message 13 of 38 (1,571 Views)

08-18-2011 07:26 AM in reply to: tmschaefer

I too would love to see Design Review ported to one of these platforms. For us, WS is of very limited use as we produce many of our drawings from 3D models which aren't supported on WS. For our site engineers to produce markups they have laptops with ADR on and send redline markups of DWFs back to office for processing by our CAD department and this all works nice and smoothly but now increasingly seeing laptops phased out and tablets phased in so we stand to lose a good process if ADR is not ported. Even if WS were to become fully compatible with our 3D models, it requires the use of external upload sites and having files distributed here, there and everywhere which can be deemed a bit of a management nightmare which has made it a distinct no-go for many of our users. They enjoy the simplicity of ADR and don't feel that WS with all its extra baggage is not the way they want to go.

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 14 of 38 (1,483 Views)

09-14-2011 08:50 AM in reply to: lundbea

Add me to needing the Android viewer app.

markuz55
Message 15 of 38 (1,424 Views)

09-29-2011 03:24 PM in reply to: eucci

Hello, I am a shop foreman of a Mercedes Benz dealership in the Bay Area.  I have 2 separated shops that I oversee.  Needless to say our computers in the shop are slow, antiquated and very diseased.  Because my job is very demanding and I need answers or I have to find solutions to problem vehicles, time is everything.   The Mercedes Benz wiring diagrams require Autodesk design review to open them up and run.  I am not a CAD person at all,  I just want to be able to open up a wiring diagram off of the Mercedes server and utilize it in diagnosing failures and testing cars from an ipad or android tablet like the Samsung Galaxy or Motorola tablets.  The speed and mobility of this option is an ablolute must and the wave of the future in mine and all my technicians mind.  I am not a computer guy by any means, I am a car guy that just wants stuff to open and run on my computer quick and easy like.  preferably carrying around a tablet and doing so.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as my boss told me, "if you can make it run...I will buy it for you".  Anyway just thought I would ask.  Thanks! 

Board Manager
Message 16 of 38 (1,416 Views)

09-29-2011 08:29 PM in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Hi Folks,

The free Design Review Mobile app for is now available in the iTunes App Store! Here's the related blog post:

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2011/09/autodesk-design-review-mobile-ready-set-launch.html

We know an Android version is still on your minds and we understand your need for that platform too. However at this time, Design Review Mobile is only available for IOs.

Please try it out and let us know what you think by providing your feedback here: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Principal Learning Content Developer
Cloud Platforms

Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
CyrilBlank
Message 17 of 38 (1,402 Views)

09-30-2011 10:32 AM in reply to: eucci

Greetings

Just wanted to add expresse great interest in having the ability to open DWF on Android.

Thank you

Contributor
Message 18 of 38 (1,396 Views)

09-30-2011 11:16 AM in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Let's get some Android love!  There are more droid tablets being sold every day than ipads now, and it will keep moving in this direction as the androids get better and better. 

Active Contributor
Message 19 of 38 (1,393 Views)

09-30-2011 11:27 AM in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Thank You!

Ask and you shall receive!

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 20 of 38 (1,389 Views)

09-30-2011 11:44 AM in reply to: eucci

Lets Hope so...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community