Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review Compare gives erratic results

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JT3Phil
645 Views, 4 Replies

Design Review Compare gives erratic results

DR 2011 was installed yesterday.  I've found it somewhat cumbersome to use and unable to provide consistent results.  First, I need to convert my DWG files to DWF using True View.  I've run some test cases by making a small known change on a drawing, converting to DWF, and comparing it to the original also converted to DWF.  I typically end up with one or the other drawing shifting and see massive differences.   How do you keep the comparer and comparee in the same physical location to avoid the shifting differences?  I've also tried using the Extents function but this did not help, either.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wube
in reply to: JT3Phil

Thank you for your question.

Could you give more detail information about your test case?

Please attach your DWF to thread for deep investigation.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
JT3Phil
in reply to: wube

Ben, Thank you for responding and I apologize for my delay in providing you the example.

- I used a very simple drawing, opened it in Autocad 2010, and added a white donut.  I did not change the initial view at any time. 

- I then used TrueView to save the modified drawing as 8784-1 mod.DWFx. 

- I used TrueView to save the original 8784-1.DWG as 8784-1.DWFx.  Again, I did not change the initial viewable size or screen location. 

- Next I opened 8784-1 mod.DWFx and used the compare function with the original file 8784-1.DWFx. 

- The output of Compare shows the shifted images of both drawings and does not just show the added object donut.  The Compare filename is 8784-1 mod diff.DWFx.

Hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Message 4 of 5
wube
in reply to: JT3Phil

Thank you for your feedback.

Are your files published from “Current Layout” in the export dialog?Untitled.jpg

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
JT3Phil
in reply to: wube

I hate to keep going back and forth like this but....   TrueView 2011 does not have Export: Current Layout.  My options are: Display, Extents, Window.  I used Extents but kept getting another error, Different scales...  Finally got that figured out - paper size was different between the two files - and... it WORKS. 

Ben, thank you.  But I am curious why you have "Current Layout" and I don't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report