Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2013 Installation - Xerces Panic Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gitbent67
1040 Views, 4 Replies

Design Review 2013 Installation - Xerces Panic Error

I have been using Design Review 2012 with no problems and today I got the notice to update to 2013 Design Review, so I did.  As the installation was running I got an error message "Could not load a transcoding service. Xerces Panic Error".  When the installation finished, I could not run the updated software.  So I uninstalled the software and got the same message while unistalling.  I tried reinstalling after a fresh boot and the same thing happened.  I uninstalled and tried reinstalling Desiogn Review 2012 and had the same results.  I have NEVER had this error message before trying to install Design Review 2013.  Now, I can't run any version of Design Review.  I use this software a lot and it is definitely going to affect my productivity.

I have also tried running a full system scan for viruses, malware, spyware and ran registry cleaning software, then tried a clean install.  Same results.

Can anybody out there help? I've already lost half a day trying to recover from this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gitbent67
in reply to: gitbent67

I don't know if it's related, but now my Autocad software is not working right.  I am getting a 'Fail to get CommCtrController!' message and when ever I bring up the properties window, it's completely blank.  THAT never happened before...

Message 3 of 5
herbert.he

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It's not related to Autodesk products, it's a system error. The usual way to get rid of this error is to amend the registry at "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Charset". You get details from http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/343572/xerces-panic-error--rebuild-the-registry-tree/.

Hope that helps.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
gitbent67

I am looking into the registry solution. However, Autocad now gives me a 'CommCntrClientSink' error when I open a file. I would post this under a different thread, but I suspect that it could be related.

Message 5 of 5
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

One another discussion group focuses specifically on AutoCAD. I suggest that you can post your question in that group.

Please try the following link for your convenience.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report