Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2012. Error opening DWG files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jagger79
1622 Views, 5 Replies

Design Review 2012. Error opening DWG files

Just installed Design Review 2012.

When opening DWG files I get the error message: "Fatal Error: DBX CAS 4" and then "DWF Convert Error: Problems Encountered During DWF import".

DWF files are opened just fine.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dickyshu
in reply to: jagger79

Hi,

Thank you for trying to import DWG file into ADR 2012.

Did you get the error when every DWG file you openned in ADR?

We've tested several DWG files open in ADR 2012 and did not find any problem, we're not sure what caused the error, if it is possible to attach the specific DWG file, that would be great help to our investigation.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
jagger79

It happens for any DWG file. I have other computers in the office that work fine, so it is something particular to this computer.

What can trigger this error, so i can try to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Did you also download and install DWGTRUEVIEW 2012 companion, or is DR relying on an old LT or AutoCAD seat for the conversion? "Fatal Error: DBX CAS 4" is an AutoCAD/LT error message from old.

Message 5 of 6
jagger79
in reply to: pendean

I downloaded and installed the all-inclusive package (the .EXE file). The installer installed all VC libraries, Design Review and TruView 2012 (I already had the .NET libraries installed).

All drawings are generated in AutoCAD 2008 and saved in AutoCAD 2004 format. I can open the drawings with TrueView and convert them in DWF and open the DWF in Design Review. But when I try to open the drawing directly in Design Review i get the error message.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
omouland

Hello,

I have experienced this problem too. I installed Design Review and Trueview 2012 on a few machines. The bizarre thing is that I could open DWGs directly through Design Review for a few weeks and then the error’s started. Sometimes Fatal Errors come up, but now it just seems to be “DWG failed to Import” or similar. Sometimes the computer just completely freezes. Most of the DWGs were created using AutoCAD Architecture 2008 but we are now moving over to AutoCAD 2012. I also have this problem with drawings created in AutoCAD 2012. We would really like to get Design Review installed across our company but unless this issue can be resolved, we won’t. To date I have found no answers to this problem. Trueview works OK.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report