Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2012 Dimension Markup issue with previous file formats

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ukdxb012
1055 Views, 5 Replies

Design Review 2012 Dimension Markup issue with previous file formats

We have noticed an issue with Design Review 2012.

When we open an old DWF that was created and marked up in Design Review 2012 it doesnt display the markup dimension styles exactly the same. What happens is the Arrow heads have dissappeared and you have to select the Markup and add format the line end style again.

Surely we should be able to just open previous versions of dwf files in the latest Design Review and everything appears the same? Is any one else having this issue? Is this a known bug?

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
springai
in reply to: ukdxb012

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you mean that the format settings for measure tool which was set in previous ADR does not persist in ADR 2012?

This is As Design. The format settings are saved and located in the corresponding folder. You can get it here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\12.0\userdata\woof_toolformats.xml for Win 7 OS.

If you want use the format settings which was set in previous ADR version, you can go to the corresponding folder and copy the woof_toolformats.xml file into the ADR 2012 folder.

Any further question, please let me know.

-Spring

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: springai

Spring,

Basically the format on the dimension markup appears as just a line with no line start or end styles in ADR 2012.

What you have explained as a solution is not a viable way of doing markups as each user could have completely different settings in the xml. In terms of collaborating via Design Review that would cause so many issues. I did try what you specified but it didnt work.

When opening a DWF in ADR 2012 that was originally marked up in 2010 or 11 the formatting of the measure polyline tool is set to 'None' when in previous versions it is set to an arrow head.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6
springai

Dear Duncan,

The default Line Start Style and Line End Style for the dimension markup are None, this is As Design in ADR.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Do you mean that the dimensions created in previous ADR with arrow styles lose the arrow styles in ADR 2012?

Could you please provide me the file which can reproduce this issue?

Thanks,

-Spring

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: springai

Spring,

That's correct, the dimensions created in previous ADR versions with arrow head styles lose them when opening the drawing in ADR 2012, the only issue is that the example we have is a restricted drawing which we can't upload on to here.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 6
springai

Duncan,

I created dimensions in ADR 2011/ADR 2010 with arrow head styles and opened in ADR 2012, the arrow styles can be shown with the dimensions.

Which version did you created the dimensions?

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report