Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Viewer Balck and White

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jeff Holloway
307 Views, 3 Replies

DWG Viewer Balck and White

DWF Composer has a sub application that is the DWG Viewer which allows you to publish to DWF.

The DWG Viewer application needs two additional functions
1) Display on screen in Black and White
2) Publish in Black and White

If these two functions are included into DWG Viewer - then it would be reasonable to not maintain Voloview as a viable product - otherwise - Autocad has defeated much of the purpose of the DWF exercise and engineers like me will simply go back to directing the drafting personel to issue the drawings in adobe acrobat. Is this what Autodesk is intending to happen?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff Holloway

PDF is a nice publishing format, if that's all you need. "Jeff Holloway" wrote in message news:1107083.1090017092415.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > DWF Composer has a sub application that is the DWG Viewer which allows you to publish to DWF. > > The DWG Viewer application needs two additional functions > 1) Display on screen in Black and White > 2) Publish in Black and White > > If these two functions are included into DWG Viewer - then it would be reasonable to not maintain Voloview as a viable product - otherwise - Autocad has defeated much of the purpose of the DWF exercise and engineers like me will simply go back to directing the drafting personel to issue the drawings in adobe acrobat. Is this what Autodesk is intending to happen?
Message 3 of 4

It is nice - but I like to have engineers mark up in Voloview - but for DWG Viewer to replace Voloview - you need a 'View in Black and White' button and a 'Print in Black and White Button'. Autodesk has to consider that the users of DWF Composer are not draftmen - if they were - they would use Autocad would they not? Did Autodesk simply miss this? Will it be out in a future edition?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff Holloway

Use print settings with monochrome pen table. If your plotter is black output why use color pen tables? "Jeff Holloway" wrote in message news:8210774.1090252721897.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > It is nice - but I like to have engineers mark up in Voloview - but for DWG Viewer to replace Voloview - you need a 'View in Black and White' button and a 'Print in Black and White Button'. Autodesk has to consider that the users of DWF Composer are not draftmen - if they were - they would use Autocad would they not? Did Autodesk simply miss this? Will it be out in a future edition?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report