Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF to DWFx ttf fonts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dwahlz
816 Views, 6 Replies

DWF to DWFx ttf fonts

When I open a DWF with ttf fonts in it in Design Review (at least versions 2010 and 2011), then save the DWF to a DWFx, all the ttf font turn into rectangles...

This only seems to be the case when working on a 64-bit Vista OS, doing the same on a 32-bit XP system saves to a DWFx correctly.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to convert DWF to DWFx and not loose the ttf font?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
whtank
in reply to: dwahlz

Thank you for your question.

Both DWF and DWFx support embedded fonts; however DWF can also support non-embedded fonts which are just name tag marked this font. If we want to convert DWF to DWFx we need convert these non-embedded fonts to embedded ones. We look for this font from current system through its name. If it cannot be found we will match a best one according to this font’s properties. Indeed some fonts cannot support embedded very well so that leads to something wrong during font converting.

Please upload your DWF file into this thread for us to investigate in more detail

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
dwahlz
in reply to: whtank

Tank, thank you for your response and looking into this.

I have attached the .dwf that I created from AutoCAD 2008, and I have attached the .dwfx that I saved from the original .dwf through Design Review 2011.

Message 4 of 7
whtank

We have found the reason; it is caused by one function from Microsoft used to create the embedded font. I have created a defect in our database to track this issue and started to consult with developers from MS for this issue.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
dwahlz

Thank you VERY much Tank!!

Is there a way for me to track the issue to see when it becomes resolved?

Dave

Message 6 of 7
whtank

I will try my best to resolve this issue. Once it is fixed by Microsoft or there is any workaround I will let you know.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
dwahlz

Thanks again Tank!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report