Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Writer in Arch Studio

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
311 Views, 6 Replies

DWF Writer in Arch Studio

I worked up a sample presentation board on Arch Studio and printed it to DWF Writer. All is well and good but the orientation and sheet sizes come in portrait 8.5x11 no matter the settings I change in Arch Studio. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks David
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

David, Did you try these settings: Portrait and Display? Anne Marie Technical Publications Autodesk, Inc. "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40e2ddc3$1_3@newsprd01... > I worked up a sample presentation board on Arch Studio and printed it to DWF > Writer. All is well and good but the orientation and sheet sizes come in > portrait 8.5x11 no matter the settings I change in Arch Studio. Anyone have > any ideas? > > Thanks > David > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Anne, Yes, even the Arch Studio page and orientation are set to the DWF same plot size and orientation to no avail. "Anne Marie Jackson Autodesk Tech Pubs" wrote in message news:40e302ab$1_3@newsprd01... > David, > > Did you try these settings: Portrait and Display? > > Anne Marie > Technical Publications > Autodesk, Inc. > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:40e2ddc3$1_3@newsprd01... > > I worked up a sample presentation board on Arch Studio and printed it to > DWF > > Writer. All is well and good but the orientation and sheet sizes come in > > portrait 8.5x11 no matter the settings I change in Arch Studio. Anyone > have > > any ideas? > > > > Thanks > > David > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi David,

I've also seen this behavior--it's a known issue using the DWF Writer with Arch Studio. At this point, there aren't any workarounds that I could find. We'll track this one.

--Doug
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

David, Have you tried making a snapshot of the workspace and then exporting it as a JPG? I think this might work better with Architectural Studio. Making a DWF with n Architectural Studio workspace comes out pretty much like creating a raster image anyway. To export the snapshot: click on the triangle within a circle symbol at the bottom of the snapshot and select Export > JPEG Format. Anne Marie Autodesk Technical Publications "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:4038747.1089152900201.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi David, > > I've also seen this behavior--it's a known issue using the DWF Writer with Arch Studio. At this point, there aren't any workarounds that I could find. We'll track this one. > > --Doug
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you Anne, will try that method. Currently, I am attempting to gather the entire workspace which will be the presentation board and print to DWF so that users can collaborate with the design team and clients. "Anne Marie Jackson Autodesk Tech Pubs" wrote in message news:40ec097d$1_3@newsprd01... > David, > > Have you tried making a snapshot of the workspace and then exporting it as a > JPG? I think this might work better with Architectural Studio. Making a DWF > with n Architectural Studio workspace comes out pretty much like creating a > raster image anyway. > > To export the snapshot: click on the triangle within a circle symbol at the > bottom of the snapshot and select Export > JPEG Format. > > Anne Marie > Autodesk > Technical Publications > > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > news:4038747.1089152900201.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hi David, > > > > I've also seen this behavior--it's a known issue using the DWF Writer with > Arch Studio. At this point, there aren't any workarounds that I could find. > We'll track this one. > > > > --Doug > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

David, You can take a snapshot of the workspace to capture the entire workspace. A JPG is accepted into DWF Composer and treated like a DWF. Anne Marie "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40ec7d51$1_2@newsprd01... > Thank you Anne, will try that method. > Currently, I am attempting to gather the entire workspace which will be the > presentation board and print to DWF so that users can collaborate with the > design team and clients. > > "Anne Marie Jackson Autodesk Tech Pubs" > wrote in message > news:40ec097d$1_3@newsprd01... > > David, > > > > Have you tried making a snapshot of the workspace and then exporting it as > a > > JPG? I think this might work better with Architectural Studio. Making a > DWF > > with n Architectural Studio workspace comes out pretty much like creating > a > > raster image anyway. > > > > To export the snapshot: click on the triangle within a circle symbol at > the > > bottom of the snapshot and select Export > JPEG Format. > > > > Anne Marie > > Autodesk > > Technical Publications > > > > > > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > > news:4038747.1089152900201.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > Hi David, > > > > > > I've also seen this behavior--it's a known issue using the DWF Writer > with > > Arch Studio. At this point, there aren't any workarounds that I could > find. > > We'll track this one. > > > > > > --Doug > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report