Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Writer: Default Directory for DWF file...?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
336 Views, 3 Replies

DWF Writer: Default Directory for DWF file...?

If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default to go to the same directory as the source file. -- John Herridge, AIA AEC CADCON, Inc. www.aeccadcon.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes it's a bit advanced. You need to edit the registry, the key you want is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWFWriter\2 In here you will see "Publish Directory". Place the full path to the existing directory here. "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message news:40a52c69$1_3@newsprd01... > If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: > C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer > > Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default > to go to the same directory as the source file. > > -- > John Herridge, AIA > AEC CADCON, Inc. > www.aeccadcon.com > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks John! "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40a53bf1$1_1@newsprd01... > Yes it's a bit advanced. You need to edit the registry, the key you want > is: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWFWriter\2 > In here you will see "Publish Directory". Place the full path to the > existing directory here. > > > "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message > news:40a52c69$1_3@newsprd01... > > If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: > > C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer > > > > Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default > > to go to the same directory as the source file. > > > > -- > > John Herridge, AIA > > AEC CADCON, Inc. > > www.aeccadcon.com > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
gcx_zw1027

Sometimes the destination dwf file is not in the directory i have set, it is in "C:\Documents and Settings", especially when i use AutoCAD to plot a dwg file.

why? how can i avoid this case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report