Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Viewer vs. Composer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fonitsua
319 Views, 4 Replies

DWF Viewer vs. Composer

Using VBScript, I want to bring up DWF Viewer vs. DWF composer based on a decision criteria. I have an ASP page that that redirects to two other ASP pages based on decision. However since Composer and Viewer has same ClassID, both pages bring up the Composer. Thanks in advance for help.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: fonitsua

I don't think you can have both the viewer and the Composer installed on the same machine under normal conditions. The way one would think that it would work is that it brings up the last one you used like doing AutoCAD.Application would bring up the last AutoCAD you used. Since basically Composer is the viewer with additional features I don't know why except for testing one would want to bring up just the viewer. Composer doesn't add that much overhead from what I can see. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "fonitsua" wrote in message news:25498847.1086354834752.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Using VBScript, I want to bring up DWF Viewer vs. DWF composer based on a decision criteria. I have an ASP page that that redirects to two other ASP pages based on decision. However since Composer and Viewer has same ClassID, both pages bring up the Composer. Thanks in advance for help.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Currently there is no way to force a specific viewer in VBScript (or any other language). This is on the wish list for future versions. "fonitsua" wrote in message news:25498847.1086354834752.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Using VBScript, I want to bring up DWF Viewer vs. DWF composer based on a decision criteria. I have an ASP page that that redirects to two other ASP pages based on decision. However since Composer and Viewer has same ClassID, both pages bring up the Composer. Thanks in advance for help.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Rodney is correct. In fact the DWF Composer installer will allow installation until a previous DWF Viewer has been uninstalled from the client's machine. However the next rev of the DWF Viewer product will allow both products to reside side by side on the clients machine and each will function perfectly as standalone applications. However when the ADV control (shared by both products) is embedded in a web page, Composer will get precidence when it is available on the user's machine. But there will be an API available as well to force the HTML page to use DWF Viewer if it is available. Larry Horner Autodesk "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message news:40c0aa1d$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think you can have both the viewer and the Composer installed on the > same machine under normal conditions. The way one would think that it would > work is that it brings up the last one you used like doing > AutoCAD.Application would bring up the last AutoCAD you used. Since > basically Composer is the viewer with additional features I don't know why > except for testing one would want to bring up just the viewer. Composer > doesn't add that much overhead from what I can see. > > -- > Rodney McManamy > President > CADzation > ------------------------- > rmcmanamy@cadzation.com > ------------------------- > 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 > McHenry, IL 60050 > www.cadzation.com > Providing Industrial Strength > PDF & DWF Solutions to the > Global CAD Marketplace. > > "fonitsua" wrote in message > news:25498847.1086354834752.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Using VBScript, I want to bring up DWF Viewer vs. DWF composer based on a > decision criteria. I have an ASP page that that redirects to two other ASP > pages based on decision. However since Composer and Viewer has same ClassID, > both pages bring up the Composer. Thanks in advance for help. > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry about that. The DWF Composer installer will NOT allow installation until DWF Viewer has been unistalled. Larry Horner Autodesk "Larry Horner" wrote in message news:40c4cef0$1_3@newsprd01... > Rodney is correct. In fact the DWF Composer installer will allow > installation until a previous DWF Viewer has been uninstalled from the > client's machine. However the next rev of the DWF Viewer product will allow > both products to reside side by side on the clients machine and each will > function perfectly as standalone applications. However when the ADV control > (shared by both products) is embedded in a web page, Composer will get > precidence when it is available on the user's machine. But there will be an > API available as well to force the HTML page to use DWF Viewer if it is > available. > > Larry Horner > Autodesk > > "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message > news:40c0aa1d$1_2@newsprd01... > > I don't think you can have both the viewer and the Composer installed on > the > > same machine under normal conditions. The way one would think that it > would > > work is that it brings up the last one you used like doing > > AutoCAD.Application would bring up the last AutoCAD you used. Since > > basically Composer is the viewer with additional features I don't know why > > except for testing one would want to bring up just the viewer. Composer > > doesn't add that much overhead from what I can see. > > > > -- > > Rodney McManamy > > President > > CADzation > > ------------------------- > > rmcmanamy@cadzation.com > > ------------------------- > > 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 > > McHenry, IL 60050 > > www.cadzation.com > > Providing Industrial Strength > > PDF & DWF Solutions to the > > Global CAD Marketplace. > > > > "fonitsua" wrote in message > > news:25498847.1086354834752.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Using VBScript, I want to bring up DWF Viewer vs. DWF composer based on > a > > decision criteria. I have an ASP page that that redirects to two other > ASP > > pages based on decision. However since Composer and Viewer has same > ClassID, > > both pages bring up the Composer. Thanks in advance for help. > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report