Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Converter Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bdr5843
2181 Views, 4 Replies

DWF Converter Error

Hi, there.

I am having problems trying to open an .dwg file in Design Review 2011. The drawing was developped in Civil 3D 2009 (installed in my computer). In my computer i have both, Design Review an Drawing True View 2011 installed, but when i try to open the drawing (.dwg file) in Design Review 2001 I receive the following message: " DWF Converter Error. Problems encountered durind dwf import".

In other instances Design Review 2011 open a blank file.

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Benjamin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dickyshu
in reply to: bdr5843

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for posting.

Could you please attach the drawing file you use? It is good to get the drawing file for us to investigate the issue.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
bdr5843

Thanks for your reply.

Atached please find de drawing file .

Benjamin Delgado

Message 4 of 5
dickyshu

Do you have AutoCAD installed on your computer? If AutoCAD and DWG Trueview co-exist on your machine, ADR will use AutoCAD to import DWG file.

Using the file you attached, I could NOT reproduce the error you met. However, the drawing file becomes to blank(no content) after imported into ADR 2011 on my test machine, this should be a defect of special files.

If you need to use ADR to view this drawing, I suggest you open it directly in DWG Trueview, then export/publish it to DWFx, and then open it in ADR.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
bdr5843
in reply to: dickyshu

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yes, I do have Civil 3d 2009 software installed in my computer (which also contain Acad 2009). If you find the solution to this issue, I would appreciate let me know.

In the other hand, I used  your recommended procedure and it worked for me very well. At least this is an alternate solution.

Benjamin Delgado

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report