Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Symbol Catalog Q&A

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
conner717
1130 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Symbol Catalog Q&A

Hello,

I've searched around and don't find anything related to this subject. The manuals provided are very basic on what is needed to accomplish this task. I work for a group that handles telecomm installs and we wanted to be able to add symbols to DR so that our field techs can update us on outlet locations easier than hand written hard copies.

I want to create two catalogs one named Existing and the other Proposed. I've figured out how to get a single symbol to show under a catalog but I can not add multiple symbols. I've tried using a DWF with all our symbols in it and "Import each object as symbol" but that doesn't work. I've tried adding a single symbol to different layouts within a drawing but you can't export a DWF from a layout.

So how do you add multiple symbols to a Catalog? Edited by: conner717 on Mar 15, 2010 3:05 PM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
conner717
in reply to: conner717

I figured out how to get my symbols into DR but I had to use ACAD2010 to create a drawing that contained my blocks. I then opened the drawing in TV2010 and from there exported my drawing as a DWF. I don't know why ACAD wouldn't allow me to publish a DWF file but I kept getting "Device not found" when I attempted it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you are getting device not found, I suspect your AutoCAD is missing the
DWF6 ePlot pc3 file or it has been renamed.

wrote in message news:6355530@discussion.autodesk.com...
I figured out how to get my symbols into DR but I had to use ACAD2010 to
create a drawing that contained my blocks. I then opened the drawing in
TV2010 and from there exported my drawing as a DWF. I don't know why ACAD
wouldn't allow me to publish a DWF file but I kept getting "Device not
found" when I attempted it.
Message 4 of 5
conner717

Thank you I will look into that.

I also now have a different question..

Is it possible to add information to a block or something that when viewed in DR you could hover your pointer over it and view the attached attribute information? We want outlet locations to show what room, patch panel and port the outlets goto in the telecomm room.
Message 5 of 5
cbenner

Ressurecting this old thread.  I have been trying for hours to export a drawing full of blocks to a dwf, and use them as symbols.  I've done or attempted everything I've been able to find on this forum about the topic.  I have had zero results... well, that's a lie.  I've gotten 4 out of several hundred blocks on a sheet to import as symbols.   Smiley Frustrated

Can anyone lay out the exact workflow for taking Autocad blocks and using them as symbols in ADR?  I am using 2013.

TIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report