Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing on Windows7 64

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
flobadob
1569 Views, 7 Replies

Crashing on Windows7 64

I'm having trouble getting ADR to run on my windows7 64 pc. I've got the latest version (as of Jan 2011) and I used the exe installer (not the msi) to ensure I had all the prerequisites. The software just crashes on start up and I get the Autodesk error report form. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Turned off antivirus. Any ideas? thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Liust
in reply to: flobadob

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please tell me where did you get the exe installer from?

Did you restart your machine after installing?

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Pauto
in reply to: Liust

Im am having a similar problem apart from I do not get an error message. I load up Autodesk Design Review 2011 OK and then I open up the 3D (DWFx) file and once it is fully loaded, Design Review just closes down. Any ideas? I downloaded Design Review from the Autodesk website. The 3D file size I am using is 32MB. The PC I have is running Windows 7 Home Premium and is brand new so it can definately run Design Review.

Message 4 of 8
Liust

Thank you for your feedback.

That is a known issue once opening a big 3D DWF file in ADR 2011, the memory will be burnt up. So ADR is closed.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Pauto

How do I rectify the problem?  I cannot reduce the file size as I need as much detail on the 3D model as possible. A colleague of mine is running a slower spec machine to mine (using Microsoft Wingows XP) with ADR 2010 and is managing to run the same 3D model file fine. I have attempted to install the same ADR 2010 software and run the 3D model. I get as far as the 3D model appearing on the screen then sometimes it crashes and sends an error report to Autodesk and other times it allows me to zoom in and out of the 3D model and rotate it but when I want to use the XY plane etc it crashes and closes. 

Message 6 of 8
Pauto

I have attached the error report I just got when I attempted to run the file again using ADR 2010.

Message 7 of 8
Perry-McCall

Are there any solutions to this problem. I would like to mark up a DWF file? I'm tired of spending more time opening the program and searching for solutions online than getting any work done.

Message 8 of 8

We just upgraded to 21013 version of Inventor/Design review and we are having the same problem.. 

Are soulution for the problem ??

/Lars

GEA Process Engiinering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report