Design Review

Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (503 Views)

Can DWF be like Revit - Save to a Central File

503 Views, 4 Replies
12-03-2012 01:31 PM

My company is attempting to get out of the paper age and into the digital age.  My department uses DWF extensively.  Other departments do not.  The reason others do not, they may have 2 people doing reviews and comments and possibly 6 drafters picking up the comments.

What I am seeking is there a way that DWF can work like Revit, and the files can be saved to a central file?  The users would open a local copy ... very much like Revit.

how does your company do it with multiple people picking up comments and possibly multiple reviewer?  Does DWF work in this situation for your company. 

Message 2 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: Can DWF be like Revit - Save to a Central File

03-22-2013 09:14 AM in reply to: whmerrill

It's been a few months since whmerrill's comment so I'm surprised there is no response.  The firm I work for has recently decided to reduce our paper trail by reviewing documents digitally.  I was pushing for DR because of some key features.  The main drawback I heard from others is that you can't have multiple viewers in one DWF.  We will be using Bluebeam Studio for this reason.  It's too bad because DR has features that Bluebeam doesn't but the edit sharing is a deal breaker for us.

Does anyone know if Autodesk has looked at this kind of functionality yet?  Is anyone using DR in a way to get around the fact that you can't workshare DWF files?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

03-22-2013 11:24 AM in reply to: bderrick
Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

03-22-2013 12:53 PM in reply to: pendean

I need software to mark-up not just view.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)

03-22-2013 01:39 PM in reply to: bderrick

Exactly: newest DWF ability from Autodesk and it does nothing new. Death of the formant sooner than later seems to be the writing on the wall as far as I can tell.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community