Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DWF be like Revit - Save to a Central File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
whmerrill
704 Views, 4 Replies

Can DWF be like Revit - Save to a Central File

My company is attempting to get out of the paper age and into the digital age.  My department uses DWF extensively.  Other departments do not.  The reason others do not, they may have 2 people doing reviews and comments and possibly 6 drafters picking up the comments.

What I am seeking is there a way that DWF can work like Revit, and the files can be saved to a central file?  The users would open a local copy ... very much like Revit.

how does your company do it with multiple people picking up comments and possibly multiple reviewer?  Does DWF work in this situation for your company. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Brian.Derrick
in reply to: whmerrill

It's been a few months since whmerrill's comment so I'm surprised there is no response.  The firm I work for has recently decided to reduce our paper trail by reviewing documents digitally.  I was pushing for DR because of some key features.  The main drawback I heard from others is that you can't have multiple viewers in one DWF.  We will be using Bluebeam Studio for this reason.  It's too bad because DR has features that Bluebeam doesn't but the edit sharing is a deal breaker for us.

Does anyone know if Autodesk has looked at this kind of functionality yet?  Is anyone using DR in a way to get around the fact that you can't workshare DWF files?

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Brian.Derrick
Message 4 of 5
Brian.Derrick
in reply to: pendean

I need software to mark-up not just view.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Brian.Derrick

Exactly: newest DWF ability from Autodesk and it does nothing new. Death of the formant sooner than later seems to be the writing on the wall as far as I can tell.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report