Design Review

*clintonG
Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)

C# .NET Framework Support?

297 Views, 4 Replies
05-10-2004 01:58 PM
Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop Envision solutions. I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be integrated with other business processes. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/
*Bobby C. Jones
Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

Re: C# .NET Framework Support?

05-11-2004 07:58 AM in reply to: *clintonG
I don't know about the DWF Composer specifically, but there is definitely a trend of providing .NET API's for Autodesk products. I, like you, sure hope that trend continues into all of their products. -- Bobby C. Jones "clintonG" wrote in message news:409fece4$1_1@newsprd01... > Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed > that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop > Envision solutions. > > I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used > with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what > other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with > regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be > integrated with other business processes. > > -- > <%= Clinton Gallagher > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > >
*clintonG
Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

05-12-2004 04:19 PM in reply to: *clintonG
Can two guys start a trend? :-) <%= Clinton Gallagher "Bobby C. Jones" wrote in message news:40a0ea06$1_3@newsprd01... > I don't know about the DWF Composer specifically, but there is definitely a > trend of providing .NET API's for Autodesk products. I, like you, sure hope > that trend continues into all of their products. > -- > Bobby C. Jones > > "clintonG" wrote in message > news:409fece4$1_1@newsprd01... > > Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed > > that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop > > Envision solutions. > > > > I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used > > with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what > > other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with > > regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be > > integrated with other business processes. > > > > -- > > <%= Clinton Gallagher > > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > > > > > >
Les Leroux
Message 4 of 5 (297 Views)

08-26-2004 09:00 AM in reply to: *clintonG
Make that 3.
BOWDENP
Message 5 of 5 (297 Views)

09-07-2004 06:56 AM in reply to: *clintonG
Actually makes 4 now. As an IT person, not an AutoCAD user, I need to integrate AutoCAD products into the business. We are strictly .NET and I find it quite strange that Autodesk have not opened up more to business integrators. Maybe Autodesk would feel more comfortable with a different licensing model for this approach.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community