Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank pages when printing with "Current view" from ADR 2011

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jasongetsdown
4471 Views, 13 Replies

Blank pages when printing with "Current view" from ADR 2011

I'm trying to print from Design Review using "Current View" and I'm getting blank pages. When I use "Full Page" it prints fine, just not zoomed to the area I want to print. This is happening to me and several other people in my office.

I have tried changing the Scaling and Alignment settings, the paper sizes, advanced/color quality settings, and various printer properties, but nothing prints as long as "Current View" is set.

I also tried two different printers and Bluebeam PDF printer, and several different DWF files, all with the same result.

I have been able to print with "Current View" in the past, and the DWF files I'm using were updated recently. I can't say for sure that when the files were updated this issue started, but I can't think of anything else that has changed. Is it possible something in the files is interfering with this specific print setting? Is there some other cause?

-----
Jason Rossitto
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
wube
in reply to: jasongetsdown

Thank you for your question.

A similar defect had been logged. Once printing some kind of DWFx files with "Current View" setting, the position and scale of output might be incorrect.
If this is not your issue, please upload an example of a file to this thread for further investigate.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 14
shagaman
in reply to: wube

I am experience this same issue when using ADR 2012.  Has this issue been resolved yet?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Message 4 of 14
wube
in reply to: shagaman

Thank you for your question.

The issue which reproduced only for DWFx file should have been fixed in ADR 2012.

Is your file published from Revit?

Could you please attach a test file for deep investigation?

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 14
shagaman

Attached is the DWF file that will print blank pages when printing from the Current View.  This error only occurs when printing the Current View and only seems to happen on certain pages (page 1 will print fine but page 14 is blank).  This DWF file was created from Revit 2011 and is being viewed and printed from ADR 2012.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

Sam

Message 6 of 14
nayamath

we have issues with printing 2D sheets from 'Design Review' (2012 version,
and from both 32 & 64b. machines).

'Current View' from 'Print Range' section
in Print box doesn't work properly. When it is selected together with 'Fit
to page' option - sheets go out of printers completely blank (although Preview
shows correctly partial area).

When it is selected with 'Scale' option, we got message: Printing is Failed

('Full Page' option works ok)
All the files that we tried yesterday were made in ‘Revit’. We tried one dwf created from AutoCAD, seems to be working ok with 'Current View' plotting

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nayamath

Message 7 of 14
jasongetsdown

It's been over a year since I started this thread so I don't remember what file I was using, but it was generated from an AutoCAD DWG by a space database server we use called Drawbase Workplace Manager.

This is still an issue we are having, but it is intermittent. It happens relatively rarely and I haven't been able to identify any pattern. Some files will fail to print one day, and work another.

The next time it happens I will post the file to this thread.

-----
Jason Rossitto
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Message 8 of 14
wube
in reply to: jasongetsdown

We had already start investigation of issue which caused by DWF from Revit.

If your file is not published from Revit and still encounter this issue, please attach your file to this thread for deep investigation.

Thanks,

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 14
nayamath

Thanks Wube.

I would like to reiterate it's ADR 2012 we are facing issue with.

Regards

Nayamath

Message 10 of 14
nayamath

Hi there,

Please let me know if there is any update on this?

Regards,

Nayamath

Message 11 of 14
matthewkelley
in reply to: nayamath

I am having a similar issue. I have a DWF that I am unable to print the view. It just prints blank pages. I can print the entire sheet with out any problems it just doing the view I have issues. I attached one of the files giving me the issue. Thanks for any help

Message 12 of 14
wube
in reply to: matthewkelley

We are trying to fix this issue.

Thanks

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 14

We are expeirncing this with ADR 2012 with a DWF created from Revit.  Any update?  I have applied the lastest hotfix but we are still getting blank pages when printing the current view...

Message 14 of 14
Liust
in reply to: dustinrush1832

Could you please download the ADR 2013 Beta version to check if your issue is fixed?

Please sign up the ADR Beta Forum  to download and install the Beta version.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report