Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review installation fails

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
jcclq
70097 Views, 32 Replies

Autodesk Design Review installation fails

Hi,

I am trying to install Autodesk Design Review 2013 on a new computer, but it fails. It says:

Installation failed.

Please check your internet connection and try again.

The following failed to install:

Autodesk Design Review 2013 (0x2: failed downloading component)

This is strange because my internet connection works fine.

Is there a way to download the whole install files, like for the rusian version. Initially I did it by accident, but at least the install was OK.

Thanks a lot,

JC

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
msampley
in reply to: lordfarqad

Thank you so much I was really getting frustrated

Message 22 of 33
heinsite
in reply to: cristina.suarez

@cristina.suarez wrote:

This is a constant pain.  Normally the bundle works. As part of the instructions we ask the customer to download the executable to their hard drive.

I need help resolving the following two issues:

First issue:

ADR 2013 fails with error 'not able to connect': The bundle has been installed and reinstalled several times in a Win7 OS machine, in the users %temp% ADRInstall.log shows 12 failures like this one: 

2014/1/31:16:19:25          chamman            XXXMMAN-MOBL1        Uninstall              {8D20B4D7-3422-4099-9332-39F27E617A6F}  Failed   

At the end it appears that the product installed properly, however customer is unable to run the program:

2014/1/31:16:19:57         chamman            XXXMMAN-MOBL1        Install    Autodesk Design Review 2013   Succeeded  

any ideas how can I resolve this issue?  Please send me instructions as soon as you can.

Second issue: 

Problem: useless link to update ADR 2013 product.

Issue:

First time user runs the program, the 'Autodesk Design Review Information' window pops-up on the screen.
New Autodesk Design Review information is available.
Get it now takes customer to [http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9338138]  Please try it.

Q. What is the action required in this page?  It used to be a link to upgrade the product, but I don't even find ADR 2013 in the list of products. I reported firt back in Nov.  Is there plans to correct this issue? 

Thanks

For the 1st issue I would recommend sending the user to the Akamai NetSession Interface page and instructing them to click the "Start Download" link.  This will confirm whether or not they have the correct NetSession software on their computer or not, and install it automatically if they don't.  From there they can try to start the installation again.  Most recent problems associated with getting ADR 2013 installed seem to be related to this missing piece of the puzzle.

The 2nd issue can be ignored since there is no, and will be no further updates to a stand-alone version of ADR beyond 2013.  If there's a box to check to turn this notification off it's worth doing so to avoid future annoyance.  Autodesk is rapidly moving DWF work to the cloud and Autodesk 360.  Early versions of A360 did not have markup tools... but it's slowly being rolled out.  Many of us still prefer, and I believe will continue to prefer, a stand-alone version for work offline however since bandwidth and the associated charges come into play.

Hope this helps some.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 23 of 33
cristina.suarez
in reply to: msampley

Thanks for the feedback regarding Akamai to resolve the ADR installation.  I have successfully tried it several times. 

Question:  when are you EOLing ADR stand alone version?  In A360 can we have the same features? I need to get details and see if it makes sense to use it in our environment.  

Message 24 of 33
piotrwoj

Cannot installing Design Review 2013.Hello All!

I have a small problem 🙂 Today I installed APD 2014. Before instalation I had Design Review 2013 on my computer. After installation I don't have this program. When I try to install design review I have information that instalation is already done - but I don't see or runnin g this program 😞

Message 25 of 33
heinsite
in reply to: piotrwoj

@piotrwoj wrote:

Cannot installing Design Review 2013.Hello All!

I have a small problem 🙂 Today I installed APD 2014. Before instalation I had Design Review 2013 on my computer. After installation I don't have this program. When I try to install design review I have information that instalation is already done - but I don't see or runnin g this program 😞

Do you see Design Review 2013 if you look in Control Panel > Programs and Features?  If you don't see it there then it's gone.  But if you do see it there then look in All Programs > Autodesk.  If you find the icon in there, try and run it.  If it works you can drag the icon onto your desktop for future access. 

Let us know what you find.

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 26 of 33
piotrwoj
in reply to: heinsite

I don't see in Program and Features and don't see in All programs (Autodesk) but whe I try to install I have information that i got this software 😞 Plaese look at photos in appendix)Untitled.jpg

Message 27 of 33
garymarshallsa
in reply to: jcclq

Clearly the 2013 dwg viewer install software is disfunctional. After beating my head on a rock, I found if I choose Additional Install Options and download SetupDesignReview2013_bundle.exe everything installs properly on windows 7 64bit. I assume It would work on all windows versions, but only tested it on windows 7 64bit. I hope this saves someone some time and effort. SetupDesignReview2013_bundle.exe apparently has all that is needed for windows to install autodesk viewer. Sepearte downloads and installs of microsoft products did nothing on the original install problems and the stanard autodesk viewer would continue giveing a 0x2 error.

Message 28 of 33
darmonia

How can I install the bin file (Akamai Netsession installer)? I tried Daemon Tools, 7-zip but I can't open it. I'm running on Windows 8.
Message 29 of 33
jessica.t
in reply to: darmonia

Hi @darmonia and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried disabling your firewall and antivirus? Disabling your UAC controls also helps as well as logging into your machine as the adminstrator. Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 30 of 33
M
Contributor
in reply to: heinsite

Hi, I have similar problem like piotrwoj, like in his screen shot

Design review is not anywhere on hard disk, I removed it physically, cleaned all the referenced registry entries I could find with "design review" search, and still the installer sees it as it's still installed on my system. This is quite frustrating.

APDSU 2015-2021
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.
Message 31 of 33
pendean
in reply to: M

What is your Windows version?

ADR 2013 can be downloaded from here, make sure you are logged into Windows as a local admin when you install it and answer the question "for all users" if it comes up during the install http://www.autodesk.com/products/design-review/overview
Message 32 of 33
piotrwoj
in reply to: M

Hello!
It is Windows 7 Proffesional
BR

Wojciech Piotrowski
Senior Project Engineer
Mars Chocolate Europe and Eurasia
Audio Conf.: + 48 22 306 0235 I ID: 519 228 85
T: +48 22 595 5012 | I: *187 5012 | M: +48 603 751 362; +48 516 357 343
E: wojciech.piotrowski@effem.com
[cid:image002.png@01D02C15.BD8108F0]

Mars Polska sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Sochaczewie, Kożuszki Parcel 42, 96-500 Sochaczew, zarejestrowana w sądzie rejonowym dla m. st. Warszawy w Warszawie, XIV Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000016627; ****: 5270102782; kapitał zakładowy: 187.064.000 zł.

CONFIDENTIALITY. This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If received in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any attachments from your system.

[cid:image002.png@01D20ECD.0A24E3C0]
Message 33 of 33
in reply to: degreentx

Thanks it worked with the bundle exe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report