Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review installation fails

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
jcclq
69947 Views, 32 Replies

Autodesk Design Review installation fails

Hi,

I am trying to install Autodesk Design Review 2013 on a new computer, but it fails. It says:

Installation failed.

Please check your internet connection and try again.

The following failed to install:

Autodesk Design Review 2013 (0x2: failed downloading component)

This is strange because my internet connection works fine.

Is there a way to download the whole install files, like for the rusian version. Initially I did it by accident, but at least the install was OK.

Thanks a lot,

JC

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
lordfarqad
in reply to: jcclq

I'm having tha same issue.  I tried the links to previous versions as well.

No firewall or antivirus installed. this is a clean install of Win 7 Pro x64. User account control is off.

I've also tried downloading the istaller and running as administrator. no luck. I've attached a screenshot of the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 33
lordfarqad
in reply to: lordfarqad

I also downloaded Visual Studio 2010 SP1 C++ Runtime and installed it separately. Still no luck.
Message 4 of 33
lordfarqad

OK, you have to download the Akamai Netsession installer:

This link is to the DWG TrueView Installer, but is will detect (via Javascript) that you don't have the Akamai component and thus provide a download link... 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=9078813#

Perhaps Autodesk should provide a DL Link for the Akamai Netsession installer on the Design Reviw download site as well 😉

Message 5 of 33
bbeilke

I just had this same issue and was going to share my solution when I found this thread.  As lordfarqad noted, the problem is that the PC on which you are trying to install Design Review doesn't have the Akamai NetSession Interface client installed.  I went to the Akamai website and found this demo:

http://client.akamai.com/misc/demos/csd-downloadName.html

As noted on this page:  The demonstrations will install Akamai NetSession client on your local device if it is not already installed, and in that case you'll be prompted to agree to the end user license agreement (EULA) while installing the client. The demonstrations will download files as large as 50MB.

I ran the demo, installed the client when prompted, and then cancelled the rest of the demo (thereby avoiding the 50mb download).  Once the NetSession Interface Client was installed, the Design Review installation completed flawlessly.  Autodesk should really revise their Design Review setup to detect and install this client if necessary.

Message 6 of 33
heinsite

"lordfarqad" is correct.  The installation package for Design Review is currently not detecting a missing Akamai Net Session installation if your system doesn't have it and will not alert you other than to fail as mentioned above.  This used to work... but something got broke somewhere recently. 

A solution is to install TrueView first (a very useful free Autodesk application in its own right) and look for the link that alerts you to the Akamai software.  Once TrueView is installed Design Review will also install without issues.

I will escallate this to the gurus here to look into it.  Thank you all for working this out!  It bit me tonite too!  Smiley Tongue

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 7 of 33
chris.collins
in reply to: heinsite

I already have True View installed, and ll I could install was the Russian version. So what do I do now? Apart from uninstall the Russian version of course!!!!

Message 8 of 33
dcooper
in reply to: bbeilke

bbeilke ...

I have been struggling with an Autodesk Design Review 2013 installation problem for a week! And finally your instructions about going to the Akamai site to get the Akamai NetSession client installed first on the computer, and THEN to do the ADR 2013 installation finally solved the problem.

There appears to be no clear information presented anywhere. Not even on the Up and Ready blog. It took quite some time to sort this out. I think some cleaning up of the information should be made. It should not be this difficult. Only in this forum did I finally find out that Akamai NetSession client was required.

Thanks so much for your clear instruction and help.

Regards ...

Dave Cooper

(AutoCAD user since 1988, and ex-Autodesk employee from 1988 - 2001)
Roermond
LIMBURG
The Netherlands

Message 9 of 33
CélineRick
in reply to: bbeilke

Hi,

I have the same problem. I can't install Autodesk Design Review.

I went on this forum, (i have to say it's the first time) and follow the solution you proposed :

i installed DWG True View 2013 and Akamai NetSesion Interface which is 22,7Mo because i stopped like bbeilke said to not have the 50Mo.

My problem is still the same, i have the message : 

"Installation Failed

Please check your connection and try again

The following failed to install :

Visual Studio 2005 SP1 C++ Runtime (0x2 : Failed downloading component)"

I'm really fighting with this problem for one week and i found this forum, which is great.

Is anybody have a solution to propose ?

Thank you !

Céline

Message 10 of 33
DavidBethel
in reply to: CélineRick

Here is what I had luck with :

Google for the search :

2013 design review msi download

Go to 'deploy autodesk design review'

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F...

use the MSI file install.

For some reason the copy link doesn't work for me.

It's a shame that ADESK can't get something a simple as a web install to work correctly.

My $0.02  -David

Message 11 of 33
CélineRick

Thank you very much, it worked !

Regards.

Céline

Message 12 of 33
jcclq

This link works:
http://download.autodesk.com/akdlm/esd/dlm/designreview/2013/enu/SetupDesignReview2013_bundle.exe

It is a big file, but it is worth the download.
Message 13 of 33
skhuam
in reply to: heinsite

Hi Autodesk,

The problem is still there, kindly fix it even though the solution suggested is worked. Thanks.

Message 14 of 33
lima_david
in reply to: skhuam

Hello,

Unfortunatly i'm facing same issue with my customers ! this Design Review application was one of advantages to workwith our customers who have not Inventor or Autodesk's softwares.... unfortunatly it doesn't work... and thus customers asked: "you cannot use E-Drawing ?" ... thus, i try it, could convert using E-drawing Publisher (free) but without possibility to use measurment function, which is key to work with customer easily....

Autodesk Design Review is working on my computer (thanks to Inventor Suite), but not working to my customer computer and some collegues' computers... and i cannot ask my customer to use all tricks in this forum to fix the issue... customer needs easy and reliable solution !

To solve this issue, fortunatly we have an old Solidworks licence : i converted my assemby parts (from IAM to STEP) onto Solidworks, then created E-drawing data with measurment option actived; my customer could simply read and measure this E-drawing with free and working E-drawing Publisher...

> Results : we could work but i loosed 3 days trying to find an adequate solution to exchange with my customer.

To Autodesk : pls fix this issue asap as this Design Review is a very nice tool to work with our customers !

Message 15 of 33
jcclq
in reply to: lima_david
Message 16 of 33
lima_david

My Autodesk dealer Support gave me the link this morning !!!... i got no time yet to try it... probably tomorrow i will try with my collegues.

I'lll keep you advised.

In any case, it takes 2 hours to download it and not shure my customer will accept to work with....

Message 17 of 33
jcclq
in reply to: lima_david

Just send a CD to your customer...
Message 18 of 33
degreentx

Autodesk needs to fix this.

Two solutions worked for me:

1.) Before attempting to install Autodesk Design Review 2013, preinstall the Akamail NetSession Installer from here:

http://client.akamai.com/misc/demos/InstallationPopUp.html.

There is a link on that page, "download the installer," which will download "installer.exe" which is only about 10MB.

OR

2.) Download and install:

http://download.autodesk.com/akdlm/esd/dlm/designreview/2013/enu/SetupDesignReview2013_bundle.exe

This file is huge (780 MB?) and takes a long time, but works.

Message 19 of 33
lima_david

In final, i continued to use the trick using Solidworks & E-drawing, as E-drawing is common tool for my customer and he was reluctant to download big file during hours...

Thank you for the links but i'm desapointed for Autodesk Design Review : only Autdesk Suite customers can use it easily.

Message 20 of 33

This is a constant pain.  Normally the bundle works. As part of the instructions we ask the customer to download the executable to their hard drive.

I need help resolving the following two issues:

First issue:

ADR 2013 fails with error 'not able to connect': The bundle has been installed and reinstalled several times in a Win7 OS machine, in the users %temp% ADRInstall.log shows 12 failures like this one: 

2014/1/31:16:19:25          chamman            XXXMMAN-MOBL1        Uninstall              {8D20B4D7-3422-4099-9332-39F27E617A6F}  Failed   

At the end it appears that the product installed properly, however customer is unable to run the program:

2014/1/31:16:19:57         chamman            XXXMMAN-MOBL1        Install    Autodesk Design Review 2013   Succeeded  

any ideas how can I resolve this issue?  Please send me instructions as soon as you can.

Second issue: 

Problem: useless link to update ADR 2013 product.

Issue:

First time user runs the program, the 'Autodesk Design Review Information' window pops-up on the screen.
New Autodesk Design Review information is available.
Get it now takes customer to [http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9338138]  Please try it.

Q. What is the action required in this page?  It used to be a link to upgrade the product, but I don't even find ADR 2013 in the list of products. I reported firt back in Nov.  Is there plans to correct this issue? 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report