Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review 2011 Font, text shows up as squares

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ironbat5
5176 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Design Review 2011 Font, text shows up as squares

When I use Autodesk Design Review to open DWF files the text comes out showing like squares. I updated the program with the latest updates but that didn't work. It doesn't show like that on every single page but it seems to do it always with floor plans and dimmensions. I have two computer with this same problem. if anyone has a way to fix this issue I would appreciate a response. I attached a picture of what it looks like. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
whtank
in reply to: Ironbat5

Thank you for your question.

I would like to know whether there is any warning box popping up to indicate that some fonts do not exist in your current system and will be substituted with other fonts.

If yes, you’d better install that missing font on your system. If not, please upload your sample file to this thread for us to investigate in more detail.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Ironbat5
in reply to: whtank

Here is a sample of the file I'm having issues with. Also I uninstalled Autodesk Design Review 2011 and installed Autodesk DWF Viewer 7 and the files look fine in that program, I tried re-installing Design Review but still same issue. I need to get Design Review fixed since a lot of websites I deal with use it. Oh yeah thre is no warning when the files opens up about any missing font. 4 computers in total have the same issue, except if we uninstall Design Review and install DWF Viewer.

Message 4 of 6
Ironbat5

I can open that same document on computers with DWF Viewer and Design Review and the ones with Design Review show up the font as squares but the computers with DWF Viewer 7 everything looks fine.

Message 5 of 6
whtank

Hi Ivan

We have found this issue and fixed it. The latest Autodesk Design Review (ADR) is on the road of release. You can listen for the release notes in the coming weeks.

On the other hand I would like to know whether you have installed ‘Arial’ font in your OS. ADR will match a proper font to render text if this font cannot be found or loaded. So you can install ‘Arial’ as the proper substituted font.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
flag2011Autodesk
in reply to: whtank

Can you walk me thru this process.  How does one install ‘Arial’ as the proper substituted font?

Thanks,

JC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report